Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

I thought he would report today but am revising it to no later than next Monday so he doesn’t miss a game check. When people say “ it’s not about the money” guess what? It always is about the money. I don’t see a trade unless he starts missing regular games. 

51 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I thought he would report today but am revising it to no later than next Monday so he doesn’t miss a game check. When people say “ it’s not about the money” guess what? It always is about the money. I don’t see a trade unless he starts missing regular games. 

If he were to retire would he owe the Redskins any money? 

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Did I hear correctly that Moreau has an injury or something that may keep him out for 4 weeks?

If so...

Welcome to the starting lineup Moreland!

Unfortunately, that's probably going to go to DRC. :/

28 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If he were to retire would he owe the Redskins any money? 

They could potentially claw back some money paid to him. It would depend on how it was structured.

Of course, the problem for Trent is that Washington would still have his contract. It's not like he could retire and then sign with another team.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Did I hear correctly that Moreau has an injury or something that may keep him out for 4 weeks?

If so...

Welcome to the starting lineup Moreland!

When are we doing adopt a redskin?  Need to plan my 5 points on Moreland.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

They could potentially claw back some money paid to him. It would depend on how it was structured.

Of course, the problem for Trent is that Washington would still have his contract. It's not like he could retire and then sign with another team.

Correct. The Reserve/Did Not Report list is the same that Cravens went on. The Redskins retain his rights and even if he sits out this season, they will continue to retain his rights for 2 years after he decides to play again (assuming he is not traded)

1 hour ago, Woz said:

XFL haha

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

I hear you, I just don't know how you compare when you put it in context of Clowney's injuries.  Another knee issue and he will likely never be the same.  IMO Clowney is fools gold.  We just drafted sweat.  Kerrigan is not as flashy as Clowney and isn't the take over a game kind of guy, but he will also be cheaper and his consistency is something we really need on and off the field.

That's the risk you take w/ every player. Every play could be each players last. 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Clowney is younger by 5 years. The last two years he hasn't been injured. You pay him in his prime, just like we paid TWill & Kerrigan in their prime.

I’d give some thought to just Clowney for Trent straight up and keep Kerrigan. Rework Kerrigans deal next offseason, sign Clowney, and Sweat is obviously in his rookie deal. Those 3 would be pretty fearsome for offenses for the next year or 2

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’d give some thought to just Clowney for Trent straight up and keep Kerrigan. Rework Kerrigans deal next offseason, sign Clowney, and Sweat is obviously in his rookie deal. Those 3 would be pretty fearsome for offenses for the next year or 2

I'd rather have a 2nd round pick to draft a WR, ILB or LG - if Martin doesn't eventually take over For Flowers - then to keep Kerrigan until he retires. I'd be different if we were a good to great team but we're in the middle of a rebuild. Go let him, TWill, Peterson, Norman and possibly Reed go play for a super bowl contender for this year and however long they play.

Archived