Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1166037625762996224

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg

#Redskins coach Jay Gruden reiterates that he still "very strongly” believes LT Trent Williams won’t be traded. The team has privately resisted all inquiries. Note: I’m told Williams, who has had several surgeries, is now healthy and ready to play. For someone.
1:20 PM · Aug 26, 2019·TweetDeck

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

OMG...!

Just trade the dude already, if he doesn't want to be a Redskins no more.

why are fans in such a hurry to trade a hall of fame LT. we have no idea what is going on with them right now. Trust me, if it was that bad then he would've been dealt already. Money talks!

6 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

why are fans in such a hurry to trade a hall of fame LT. we have no idea what is going on with them right now. Trust me, if it was that bad then he would've been dealt already. Money talks!

Because I don't want it to become the Cousins ordeal again.

Where he's worth a 1st & 3rd & we get a compensatory 3rd.

Trade his ***

Roll with Penn

Draft LT next April

58 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Because I don't want it to become the Cousins ordeal again.

Where he's worth a 1st & 3rd & we get a compensatory 3rd.

Trade his ***

Roll with Penn

Draft LT next April

The good news for Washington/bad news for Trent is that he won't become a compensatory 3rd any time soon since he still has two years on his contract.

The bad news for Washington is if Trent decides to hang up his cleats, they get nothing for him.

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Just wanted to know if he'd owe them any money back. We see the Colts didn't ask Luck for any money back. Wonder how things would happen here if that was to be the case.

Difference is in the way the situations are going down. Luck & Colts is relatively amicable. Trent & Washington ... is not.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

So, he's on a "did not report " list or something . Danny doesn't pay him but he still counts toward the cap ? Is that how it works ? 

That is correct.

Come two weeks, he's going to be forfeiting $750K checks a week.

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So, he's on a "did not report " list or something . Danny doesn't pay him but he still counts toward the cap ? Is that how it works ? 

Ya he definitely counts toward the cap.  I think he won't get his game checks, and they may be able to fine him for parts of his annual bonus money for not showing up.  

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya he definitely counts toward the cap.  I think he won't get his game checks, and they may be able to fine him for parts of his annual bonus money for not showing up.  

I believe it is up to 25% of his bonus monies can be clawed back now (whether they are actually doing that, I don't know ... I would assume no because that would likely be the death knell of any hope at repairing the relationship ... but it is Brice, soooo ...).

55 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

trade deadline is week 8 guys. we are better off waiting for a contenders LT to get hurt. Have some patience!!

Depends on what's offered, we shouldn't be turning down first round picks if that report was true from last week, that was stupid.

Archived