Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Bruce Allen better not have passed up something similar for Trent Williams.  I would love to get that.  So Houston is no longer a possible landing spot.

Chargers are if Russell Okung doesn’t get over his blood clots.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Cam Sims being overhyped by people that watched him every single day, all off-season? You easily could've cut one of the outrageous amount of RBs we kept and had Sims on the roster. He's a decent receiver that you've spent two seasons developing but you cut him when your corp is horrible.

Keeping 7 WRs doesn’t make sense either. I think Wilson is going to end up on the practice squad.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Keeping 7 WRs doesn’t make sense either. I think Wilson is going to end up in the practice squad.

Sure it does.  You can almost guarantee Quinn and Richardson will be injured and it looks like McLaurin too.

I would much rather keep one of those WRs over one of the running backs.

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Sure it does.  You can almost guarantee Quinn and Richardson will be injured and it looks like McLaurin too.

I would much rather keep one of those WRs over one of the running backs.

If that happens you can sign Cam Sims or Darvin Kidsy off the practice squad they are sure to be on, whether it’s ours or someone else’s.

I certainly question Marshall over Perine (I question Marshall over anyone, actually) and I’m not sure I understand why they care at all about keeping a spot for Shaun Wilson so they can put him on IR. It’s RB, you can find decent young ones pretty much anywhere. They (inexplicably) guaranteed Peterson money next year, and Bryce Love will be back by then — where does Shaun Wilson ever fit in? Would have preferred to see Cam Sims or Josh Reaves or Ryan Bee stay on the roster instead of being risked on waivers. 

Reaves over Apke makes sense (because Apke pretty consistently looks terrible), but I understand why they don’t want to give up on Apke quite yet. They took him with the idea that it would be a long term project to turn him from a great athlete into a competent football player, so I guess it makes sense that they want to keep working with him. 

The rest pretty much makes sense to me. Will be interesting to see what they do with the two roster spots that will open up from Wilson and Brailford going on IR — whether it’ll be bringing back guys who were with the team already, bringing in veteran cuts, or rolling the dice on young players who showed a spark elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I certainly question Marshall over Perine (I question Marshall over anyone, actually) and I’m not sure I understand why they care at all about keeping a spot for Shaun Wilson so they can put him on IR. It’s RB, you can find decent young ones pretty much anywhere. They (inexplicably) guaranteed Peterson money next year, and Bryce Love will be back by then — where does Shaun Wilson ever fit in? Would have preferred to see Cam Sims or Josh Reaves or Ryan Bee stay on the roster instead of being risked on waivers. 

Reaves over Apke makes sense (because Apke pretty consistently looks terrible), but I understand why they don’t want to give up on Apke quite yet. They took him with the idea that it would be a long term project to turn him from a great athlete into a competent football player, so I guess it makes sense that they want to keep working with him. 

The rest pretty much makes sense to me. Will be interesting to see what they do with the two roster spots that will open up from Wilson and Brailford going on IR — whether it’ll be bringing back guys who were with the team already, bringing in veteran cuts, or rolling the dice on young players who showed a spark elsewhere. 

Same. I'm pretty bummed Reaves got cut. Hopefully he lands on our PS as I think we have something in him if we can just develop him a bit more.

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I agree with all of this, except *whispers* it's Jeremy ... :D:D:D

I mean, Shaun Wilson seems like a nice story, but he's not that good that if he were exposed to waivers and picked up by another team it would be a travesty.

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Reaves over Apke makes sense (because Apke pretty consistently looks terrible),

Yes!

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

but I understand why they don’t want to give up on Apke quite yet.

Simply because he was a draft pick and Reaves wasn't? He's not good. You have someone better. Why keep the draft pick simply because he's a draft pick?

Oh wait ... it's Brice. That explains it.

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would assume they use one of the two for a backup OLB (since McKinzy is concussed and a question mark). The other one? I dunno. I hope they use it on one of those guys who should have made it instead of Byron Marshall.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Texans badly need to hire a GM. This is getting embarrassing for them. 

It would be nice if Washington had a GM that was able to take advantage of Houston's ineptitude but ... we have Brice so ...

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Keeping 7 WRs doesn’t make sense either. I think Wilson is going to end up on the practice squad.

Makes more sense than keeping 5 RBs, especially when one of them is Marshall.

I mean, if they kept Perine as the 4th RB, it would at least make a bit of sense, but Marshall is the guy whose "pass blocking" snapped Alex Smith's leg like a twig. What does he offer the team? And I've already disposed of the special teams argument.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If that happens you can sign Cam Sims or Darvin Kidsy off the practice squad they are sure to be on, whether it’s ours or someone else’s.

That's risking a player that can help you in the now to near future time frame for a kick returner who isn't all that good and is injury prone.

I’d say our best if chance of getting a good return on Trent went out the window with the Tunsil trade. They have to get this thing figured out. Either give him the money he wants to come back or trade him for a receiver. Maybe ship him to the Chargers for Mike Williams and a pick? 

Archived