Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Magic are going to trade Mo Bamba. Lakers should be all over that. This team is desperate for: defensive, athletic ability, youth. Playing Carmelo and Lebron at center,  was just horrible last year lol 

Not sure the Lakers have anything that the Magic would want.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, CWood21 said:

Not sure the Lakers have anything that the Magic would want.

Russell Westbrook's $47M expiring contract is a decently valuable trade piece, especially for teams that have young guys who need extensions soon. 

ETA - The Lakers best/realistic solutions are probably:

Trade Westbrook to Charlotte for Gordon Hayward/Terry Rozier

Trade Westbrook to Indiana for Buddy Hield/Malcolm Brogdon 

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Russell Westbrook's $47M expiring contract is a decently valuable trade piece, especially for teams that have young guys who need extensions soon. 

honestly i’d rather have the Pacers package unless we could flip Gordy into something. He probably fits the best out of all those names but at his age I have 0 confidence he plays at least 50 games. yes im aware of Brogdon injury history too but at least dude isnt in his 30s yet. Regardless, trading WhyNot? is a W so either or will do. 

Edited by indifference

1 minute ago, indifference said:

honestly i’d rather have the Pacers package unless we could flip Gordy into something. He probably fits the best out of all those names but at his age I have 0 confidence he plays at least 50 games. yes im aware of Brogdon injury history too but at least dude isnt in his 30s yet. Regardless, trading WhyNot? is a W so either or will do. 

Brogdon can't stay healthy either so it really just comes down to preference but adding either duo while dumping Westbrook is a positive.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At the end of the day, he's an expiring contract so as much as people want to say he's a negative contract I'd argue that he's neutral because of that contract.  I value all expiring contracts as neutral value.  The Charlotte deal makes sense, but I think it only makes sense if the Lakers got LeBron to extend his deal.  If he were to opt out, they'd have over $95M combined between Hayward, Rozier, and AD.  That's a LOT of money that's probably a backend of the playoff spot.  The Indiana trade makes more sense.  Brogdon and Hield fit needs significantly better, but there are the injury concerns with Malcolm Brogdon as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At the end of the day, he's an expiring contract so as much as people want to say he's a negative contract I'd argue that he's neutral because of that contract.  I value all expiring contracts as neutral value.  The Charlotte deal makes sense, but I think it only makes sense if the Lakers got LeBron to extend his deal.  If he were to opt out, they'd have over $95M combined between Hayward, Rozier, and AD.  That's a LOT of money that's probably a backend of the playoff spot.  The Indiana trade makes more sense.  Brogdon and Hield fit needs significantly better, but there are the injury concerns with Malcolm Brogdon as well.

He's a positive asset for teams looking to shed salary next year and beyond because their young core players are due to be extended and they have money tied up into veterans.