Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - Sept. 10, 1:00 PM

Phire

Just now, Danger said:

LMFAO that's all anyone can EVER say about this team. Where's the originality? 

"UH **** I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY EERRRRRRR. UH.... NO RINGS!!!!1!!"

And our fanbase doesn't stoop to brag about the championship in 1960 lol

Haha! It's default for everyone though. 

Went to a preseason Eagles-Steelers game and was in the condiment line to put mustard on a hotdog and I was behind a Steelers fan and I said I don't know about using the mustard after this guy. He snapped around and said, "How many rings though?" 

I was like wha? What's that have to do with anything. It was almost loaded in the chamber and just needed a slight nudge to go off. Funny. 

31 minutes ago, JayWood2010 said:

I thought carson wentz played well. Main reason for the td to agholor, and he had to do things like that often. Int was on the line, and a good play by defense tipping the ball. 

The bad was the backwards throw.

Nah, the interception was 100% on Wentz. He telegraphed that throw.  There wasn't even pressure, but the D-lineman did make a nice play and read Wentz's eyes and slow windup.  Even if that's complete to Sproles it's a pointless throw, for maybe 2 yards and he had plenty of time.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Haha! It's default for everyone though. 

Went to a preseason Eagles-Steelers game and was in the condiment line to put mustard on a hotdog and I was behind a Steelers fan and I said I don't know about using the mustard after this guy. He snapped around and said, "How many rings though?" 

I was like wha? What's that have to do with anything. It was almost loaded in the chamber and just needed a slight nudge to go off. Funny. 

You know you made that guys day, dude probably had been wanting to say that the whole time.

Just now, BLick12 said:

Nah, the interception was 100% on Wentz. He telegraphed that throw.  There wasn't even pressure, but the D-lineman did make a nice play and read Wentz's eyes and slow windup.  Even if that's complete to Sproles it's a pointless throw, for maybe 2 yards and he had plenty of time.

This

But overall I was pretty pleased with Wentz today. He missed some throws, his long ball touch and accuracy leaves a lot to be desired, but his poise in the pocket and under duress is really impressive considering his age.  Sometimes he tries too hard to make a play (see the intentional grounding penalty), but then he houdinis out of trouble and hits Ertz on a huge 3rd down in the 4th quarter, you take the good with the bad.  Aaron Rodgers does that a lot too.  I still think he's going to be a pretty good QB when it is all said and done, but he still needs to improve his mechanics.  He's sailing balls he shouldn't be and I don't think his delivery will ever be a strength but there are times it seems he snaps it off way better than others.  We saw a lot of up and down from him today, Doug Pederson does him no favors with the play calls or balance, but mentally, the kid is a baller.

Archived