GDT Preseason #2: Patriots at Titans

titans0021

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I heard unofficially, they think Landry is going to take the league by storm. Don't want or need other teams to get his off-season work on film. 

That’s definitely what that quote sounds like. There was a lot of talk about him adding another pass rushing move this offseason and they probably don’t want to put it on tape.

20 hours ago, titans0021 said:

That’s definitely what that quote sounds like. There was a lot of talk about him adding another pass rushing move this offseason and they probably don’t want to put it on tape.

is this...actually a thing that teams do with pass rushers though? like i'm pretty sure von miller didn't get held out of the preseason before he broke out, lol. not that i'm terribly concerned about whether landry plays in the preseason or not, but it seems a little silly.

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

is this...actually a thing that teams do with pass rushers though? like i'm pretty sure von miller didn't get held out of the preseason before he broke out, lol. not that i'm terribly concerned about whether landry plays in the preseason or not, but it seems a little silly.

With our OLB depth, I’m sure that keeping him healthy is probably the primary concern, but if there’s hope that he’s going to unleash something new as you’re counting on him to be your top pass rusher, I kind of like the idea of keeping him off tape.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

With our OLB depth, I’m sure that keeping him healthy is probably the primary concern, but if there’s hope that he’s going to unleash something new as you’re counting on him to be your top pass rusher, I kind of like the idea of keeping him off tape.

At the end of the day, though, he's still a 2nd year guy who's proved basically nothing so far. I think Landry is going to be a consistent double-digit sack guy, and I don't mind keeping guys out of preseason, but I don't necessarily think he doesn't need the reps

57 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

At the end of the day, though, he's still a 2nd year guy who's proved basically nothing so far. I think Landry is going to be a consistent double-digit sack guy, and I don't mind keeping guys out of preseason, but I don't necessarily think he doesn't need the reps

Exactly...