Plant Your Flag!

EaglesPeteC

Alright time to man up and put your name behind your players that you are targeting and love for their draft price. Who are you drafting every opportunity you get? I did a top 10 and I avoided the obvious first round studs, but you can plant your flag on whoever you want.

10. JUSTIN JACKSON RB LAC

I think the Melvin Gordon holdout goes until at least week 8 or 10. He will show up when he has to to accrue the season. Austin Eckler go the ADP bump but Jackson remains basically free. If you go back to last year when Gordon got hurt, they tried to make Eckler the guy and it just didn't work. Jackson had strong fantasy value at the end of the season. I'll grab him with my last positional pick everytime and I could have a league winner. Worst case scenario, if Gordon comes back he is an easy cut week 1 to play the waiver wire.

9. CARSON WENTZ QB PHI

Wentz is the only QB I am even considering taking before the 9th or 10 round. I think he way outperforms his draft price and I fully expect him to look like the 2017 MVP level Wentz with his best weapons he has had in his career.

8. JUSTICE HILL RB BAL

Oh man do I love me some Justice Hill. I snatched him up in my Dynasty rookie draft and I am taking him late in redraft whenever I can. I just think the Ravens will continue to be run heavy and Hill provides the pass catching and the change of pace role that no other back in Baltimore provides. I think he'll have flex value for the Ravens that I can get in the double digit rounds.

7. ADRIAN PETERSON RB WSH

Nobody wants Adrian Peterson, but give him to me all day long in the late rounds. He is a starting RB. Guice still isn't ready. Peterson is going to get lots of work and will help get my team off to a fast start. I don't expect him to last me the whole season as a reliable starter but he'll be the kind of guy on your bench who will win you some weeks.

6. LATAVIOUS MURRAY RB NO

Mark Ingram was getting drafted in the 4th or 5th round with a 4 game suspension last year. Now Murray walks right into Ingrams old role and he is going in the 7th or 8th. Sign me up! The Saints went out and got Murray right away in free agency. They targeted him to fill the Ingram role and he will be used a lot. He is a high floor flex that is going in a range with players who are far more risky.

5. MARK ANDREWS TE BAL

Yes, I am planting my flag on a Ravens pass catcher. If I don't get one of the top 4 TE's or Vance McDonald in the 7th or 8th, I'll just wait until the 13th and grab Andrews everytime. He had a great connection with Lamar Jackson at the end of last year and Hayden Hurst still isn't right physically. Andrews could be in line for a lot of targets and I think is going to outperform so many of the TE's going ahead of him.

4. SONY MICHEL RB NE

I love where Michel is going in ADP right now. He is a starting RB for a high scoring offense that is looking to transition to be more of a running team. Sure Michel has injury risk and will split with James White, but the Patriots spent a first round pick on him and leaned on him to win a Super Bowl last year. Michel is being drafted at his floor in the back of the 4th/beginning of the 5th. I'll take him as my RB2 or Flex if he is there everytime.

3. ALSHON JEFFREY WR PHI

To go along with my Wentz love in fantasy, I think that Alshon has his best fantasy season in years. Alshon is a #1 WR in a high scoring offense and now has DeSean Jackson on the other side to draw coverage. I think this opens up Jeffery for more volume in addition to Jeffrey being the clear red zone target for the team. You can get a player with his potential target share as your WR 3 or even 4 right now. 

2. ROBERT WOODS WR LAR

His ADP has been rising this offseason so I won't get as many shares as I would like, but he is one of the best WR #2's in fantasy and I would even be comfortable with him as my WR 1 if I go RB heavy or I grab a top TE early. Woods is the #1 WR in one of the most powerful offenses in the NFL. He is mine whenever he makes it to me in the 4th round.

1. KERRYON JOHNSON RB DET

My boi. Darrell Bevell is his offensive coordinator and Theo Riddick is gone. Johnson will get the lion's share (pun totally intended) of the backfield in Detroit. This team wants to run and play defense and Kerryon should get the volume and the passing game work. If I am at the 1 or 2 spot and I grab Saquon or Caff or Kamara, I couldn't feel stronger about grabbing Kerryon at the 2/3  turn to be my RB #2

• Like 3

1. James Washington - He’s going to be the #2 in Pittsburgh, in that offense I just can’t see a scenario where he doesn’t give you WR3/WR4 Numbers with the ceiling of a WR2. For a guy being drafted around the 11th round I’ll take that. 

2. Robby Anderson - I’ve always just really liked him and think he takes the next step this year with Darnold. 

3. Marlon Mack - If Mack can stay healthy he’s going to be a RB1 in fantasy. I view Mack much like I view Kerryon. Monster talents, they just need to stay on the field. 

4. David Montgomery - There’s a huge Bears fan in my league, so I have Strong feeling Montgomery goes in the 3rd round, which is a tad to rich for my blood. The fact that Coach Nagy is already keeping him out of preseason games just tells all you need to know. Please be there in the 4th. 

5. Robert Woods/Brandin Cooks/Cooper Kupp - I love all 3 of these guys this year and known of them have a ridiculous draft grade that makes me want to stay away. If I’m choosing one guy I think it’s Kupp. But I think You’re getting a WR2 floor with all 3 of these guys. 

6. Sony Michel/James White - Both of these RBs are being drafted to low. 

• Like 2

I agree with so many of these guys, I pray my leaguemates dont think like you guys

I love James Washington much more than Moncrief and in that offense if Washington gets 80% of the targets Juju got last year he'll be a helluva steal

Robby Anderson I'm so high on, it worries me because I feel like I'll pass on him where I project him to be with hopes of getting him next round

David Montgomery is someone I loved in college and when a guy like that falls into a great situation like Chicago, I want to pounce on it

@holt_bruce81 you mentioned those 3 Rams WRs and for that reason I love Jared Goff. Another year with McVay and all his WRs healthy, he is drafted as the 14th WR now and I'm all for it. Him and Winston would be my ideal combo given cost

Sony Michel is another one that I love too and his ADP is falling, wont be able to get him late round 5 in my league but I feel confident I can get him early round 4

Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown are 2 I'm very high on given their ADP. Geronimo Allison's ADP seems awful low given his potential in that offense

I have Aaron Jones in my Top-12 for RBs and he is 20th right now too

N'Keal Harry WAS another one but with Gordon there, he won't get a chance like I had hoped until Gordon gets suspended(if he does) and that could take a while so he isn't worth drafting now I suppose

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Depending on ehen your draft is, Justin Jackson is likely to start climbing in ADP.  He will probably go in the 8-10 round range.

Lot of players I will be targeting already mentioned.

Marlon Mack, justice hill, are RBs I like.

Robby Anderson, Deebo Samuel, Curtis Samuel are WR I like at there current ADP 

7 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

@JaguarCrazy2832 what are your thoughts on Fournette? In a standard league, if he’s there in the 3rd do you find it hard to pass on him or would you rather have that be someone else’s headache? 

I think it would depend on what you have got in round 1 and 2, what is on the board and how far into the 3rd round you are talking.  

14 team league, I am likely taking him in the 3rd round.  12 team it is a little questionable.  His ADP in standard is around 25th. 

If I have a later pick in the round (later 1st , early second)  and have grabbed 2 high end WR.  I am willing to take Fournette there....with the next group of RB being Mack, Kerryon, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, D Freeman, Ingram

A scenario of  (10th pick)

1 -- julio

2 --  Juju or Evans/Obj

3 - Fournette

4 -  one of theses Mack, Kerryon, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, D Freeman, Ingram

I can live with that 1-4 grouping.

IF I grabbed a RB in round 1 or 2, I am likely passing on Fournette to get a 2nd WR

• Like 1

2 guys that I really liked earlier and I’m kinda hesitant on now are Christian Kirk and Kyler Murray. 

I know that teams don’t really show you anything their first couple preseason games, but I mean I need To see SOMETHING. 

Another player that I like this year and his ADP is ridiculously low is Sam Darnold. You can probably get him in the 14th or 15th round. 

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

@JaguarCrazy2832 what are your thoughts on Fournette? In a standard league, if he’s there in the 3rd do you find it hard to pass on him or would you rather have that be someone else’s headache? 

I'll admit, I'm more of a pessimistic Jaguars fan but he scares me a lot but for the same reasons Cook and Kerryon do too. RBs have a short shelf life because of all the punishment they take. LF, Cook and Kerryon all sustained serious college injuries, didn't make it thru their rookie seasons unscathed and then last year Cook and LF were constantly questionable(and it showed on the field sometimes) or missed time altogether. What do you think is most likely to happen given their last 2-3 years? They missed 6-7 games or they play 14 games? The games LF plays, he's most likely to score a TD than most any RB in fantasy imo, but there is obvious concerns with health

In all honesty it depends on who you have drafted before. Like in my 12 team league, I'm 90% sure I'm going WR-WR because the Top-4 and DJ won't make it to 8 and then Conner, Mixon will be gone by 17, so if LF is my #1 RB, I'm very nervous even if his potential exceeds that spot big time. The potential is there but just like Gurley going outside the Top-10, I'm risk-adverse. But if you have a RB in the 1st 2 rounds or if you're fortunate enough to go RB-RB, then I'm MUCH more likely to roll the dice on him because I love several WRs in the mid rounds so that would fit my rankings perfectly

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

2 guys that I really liked earlier and I’m kinda hesitant on now are Christian Kirk and Kyler Murray. 

I know that teams don’t really show you anything their first couple preseason games, but I mean I need To see SOMETHING. 

Another player that I like this year and his ADP is ridiculously low is Sam Darnold. You can probably get him in the 14th or 15th round. 

Yea, if I have a floor guy like Rivers, I wouldn't mind taking Darnold super late

I'm not overly worried about Kirk and Kyler especially given their ADP but you're right, I'd be nice to see something click

1. Nick Chubb - Kareem who?

2. Chris Carson - If he stays healthy and starts catching more passes, boy he's a STEAL at his current adp.

3. Carson Wentz- I smell a return back to his 2019 form.

4. Chris Godwin- Last year I listened to Jon Gruden talk about Cooper and I got suckered in but I am going to buy what Arians is saying at Godwin and go all in!

5. Royce Freeman- I like Lindsay don't get me wrong but I just think Freeman is the type of back a defensive mind HC like Fangio loathes.

6. Curtis Samuel- He'll come cheaper than DJ Moore and may put up better numbers too

7. Marquise Goodwin- as a niner fan, I hope Pettis breaks out but it seems like Goodwin is the forgotten man in SF. He was Jimmy's fav/most reliable target in 2017.

8. Carlos Hyde- Call me crazy but I think he could subplant Damien Williams. I just think talent wise he's better and sometimes talent wins out.

9. LeSean McCoy- I know he has quite a few guys behind him but if the buffalo offense can improve, he should provide some Rb2 value/a decent bye week fill in RB.

10. Kenyan Drake- If Mia uses him like James White, he'll provide great value in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1. Nick Chubb - Kareem who?

2. Chris Carson - If he stays healthy and starts catching more passes, boy he's a STEAL at his current adp.

3. Carson Wentz- I smell a return back to his 2019 form.

4. Chris Godwin- Last year I listened to Jon Gruden talk about Cooper and I got suckered in but I am going to buy what Arians is saying at Godwin and go all in!

5. Royce Freeman- I like Lindsay don't get me wrong but I just think Freeman is the type of back a defensive mind HC like Fangio loathes.

6. Curtis Samuel- He'll come cheaper than DJ Moore and may put up better numbers too

7. Marquise Goodwin- as a niner fan, I hope Pettis breaks out but it seems like Goodwin is the forgotten man in SF. He was Jimmy's fav/most reliable target in 2017.

8. Carlos Hyde- Call me crazy but I think he could subplant Damien Williams. I just think talent wise he's better and sometimes talent wins out.

9. LeSean McCoy- I know he has quite a few guys behind him but if the buffalo offense can improve, he should provide some Rb2 value/a decent bye week fill in RB.

10. Kenyan Drake- If Mia uses him like James White, he'll provide great value in PPR leagues.

If Fangio loathes Freeman why the love? Unless you meant Lindsay

Would you take Chubb top-15? Carson inside 40?

Goodwin is a good one especially if Pettis’s struggles are really because everyone seemed high on Marquise last year and his cost is nothing now

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Fangio loathes Freeman why the love? Unless you meant Lindsay

Would you take Chubb top-15? Carson inside 40?

Goodwin is a good one especially if Pettis’s struggles are really because everyone seemed high on Marquise last year and his cost is nothing now

lol! yes, wrong word here. oops!

Yes, I'll take Chubb top 15 and Carson top 40. The only thing that comes to mind with Carson is do I like him more than all other potential RBs in the top 40? Such as Devonta Freeman? Kerryon? Josh Jacobs? Ingram? Aaron Jones? Michel? I know for sure I like him more than Derrick Henry, Lindsay and Mack.

Yeah it seems like Pettis is a better IN-GAME player than practice player.

LeSean McCoy. It's crazy how low he's going. Not saying he's going to kill it but def worth a pick in a later round. 

Last year the Bills had a terrible OL + no passing game + being a scat back is not a good recipe. 

We revamped our entire OL, signed John Brown and Cole Beasley and there's a ton of optimism regarding Josh Allen inside the bills organization. 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

lol! yes, wrong word here. oops!

Yes, I'll take Chubb top 15 and Carson top 40. The only thing that comes to mind with Carson is do I like him more than all other potential RBs in the top 40? Such as Devonta Freeman? Kerryon? Josh Jacobs? Ingram? Aaron Jones? Michel? I know for sure I like him more than Derrick Henry, Lindsay and Mack.

Yeah it seems like Pettis is a better IN-GAME player than practice player.

I know you didn't ask my opinion, but of those listed, I like Carson better than all of them except Freeman and Kerryon.  I'm higher on Freeman and Carson (and Tevin Colman) than most I think. 

As of today, I'm valuing:

Freeman and Kerryon as early 3rds,

Carson mid 3rd

Jones/Mack late 3rd

Jacobs/Coleman mid 4th

Ingram, Michel, Henry, James White early 5th. 

Lindsay mid 5th

• Like 1