Colt McCoy won't be ready until 2 to 3 weeks into the regular season

turtle28

They could have traded him later in the draft having acquired Case in March and drafting Haskins. But I was ok with them keeping him through the offseason training programs as a guy who could help both Case and Haskins get up to sped on the offense. I bet they do put him on IR now

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

They could have traded him later in the draft having acquired Case in March and drafting Haskins. But I was ok with them keeping him through the offseason training programs as a guy who could help both Case and Haskins get up to sped on the offense. I bet they do put him on IR now

Not sure who would have traded for him Doc.

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not sure who would have traded for him Doc.

Plus he had just come off of a surgery on his leg around the draft or just before, right?

I definitely don't think anyone would trade for a hobbled Colt McCoy, no one would probably even trade for a 100% healthy Colt McCoy.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Draper's been drinking too much again.

No one was trading for McCoy.

Well you do have several good points lol

dont you think we could get a 7th for him? 

More at least have them stock our vending machines for a year- moneyball

Edited by Doc Draper

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Well you do have several good points lol

dont you think we could get a 7th for him? 

More at least have them stock our vending machines for a year- moneyball

No. I actually think you'd have to give up a pick to get rid of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Any time you can have $24M in cap tied up in QBs with leg injuries, you got to do it.

Wow, that's just an amazingly sad number.  Gotta be the DC curse. It's still just so unbelievable to me that Alex and Colt broke their legs w/in 3 weeks of one another last year.

Right now I don't think they can afford to cut Alex and cutting the only QB on your roster who knows the entire system is a hard thing for a HC to do. It needs to be done, but I just don't see Gruden doing it.

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Not sure why this matters. To me it just means we get to only carry 2 qbs on the active roster.  Did anyone really want Colt McCoy as the starting qb this year?  

I wouldn't say I wanted Colt to start - I want Haskins to start - but I wasn't exactly against it either. I don't think Keenum is that much better than Colt, Keenum has just stayed healthy the last few years and Colt never seems to when he plays multiple games, which obviously is a big problem and is a reason he could be cut.

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn't say I wanted Colt to start - I want Haskins to start - but I wasn't exactly against it either. I don't think Keenum is that much better than Colt, Keenum has just stayed healthy the last few years and Colt never seems to when he plays multiple games, which obviously is a big problem and is a reason he could be cut.

giphy.gif

or if you prefer

tenor.gif?itemid=5544229

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, offbyone said:

Not sure why this matters. To me it just means we get to only carry 2 qbs on the active roster.  Did anyone really want Colt McCoy as the starting qb this year?  

Want him to start? No. Would rather he start over a Mark Sanchez/Josh Johnson dumpster fire? Yes. Do I think we'll get there? Hopefully not. Could they have done anything differently to this point? Other than putting him on the PUP before training camp, no (a QB who couldn't practice until training camp has zero value).

• Like 1