Carolina v 49ers, week 1 GDT: Football is Back!

Forge

Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most

• Solomon Thomas
    • Reuben Foster
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • Pierre Garcon
    • George Kittle
    • Robbie Gould...because kickers are people too

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Aside from Beadles, our pass protection actually held up fairly well. Don't recall our bookends ever getting beat. 

It's depressing to think we went from a Iupati-Goodwin-Boone interior to the ones we have had the last three years. 

Now that I think about it, it does seem to me that the OTs played well.  I plan to go back and watch some of the game.  I'll try to pay attention to that.

14 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well that's the thing, though - @big9erfan wasn't talking about game management or clock management, just Shanahan's decision to go away from the run game at crucial times, which was his crux in the Super Bowl. So, I thought that was what you were responding to, so my bad. If you're including game management and clock management, then I agree - he has lots of room to grow as this was his first real opportunity. No argument there. 

Exactly my point. I want to know that if he gains 5 yards on every run up the middle he'll keep doing it till they stop it.  Harbaugh's shortcoming was that he would keep doing it even when they were stopping it.  I don't want a guy doing the exact opposite of that, who's so bored, or whatever, by plain old power football that he goes away from it when it was working. I want a coach who CAN out-think the other team; I don't want a coach who think he always NEEDS TO outhink them. Sometimes its just about executing well on what is working.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I rather him not. He's going to be a guy we have to be careful with. Dude will try to play through anything. Rest up for a week or two then return. 

Especially against the Seahawks. That game is already over. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I rather him not. He's going to be a guy we have to be careful with. Dude will try to play through anything. Rest up for a week or two then return. 

I would hope that our medical staff would be smart with him, but if he's good to go, there is no reason to hold him back imo. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I would hope that our medical staff would be smart with him, but if he's good to go, there is no reason to hold him back imo. 

Not sure I'd trust our medical staff...weren't they completely unaware of the shoulder issue? lol. 

I'm late getting here, 
but I think we all agree that Hoyer sucks. I think he will single-Handedly lose us about 5-6 six games by turning it over or just making horrible throws. Our Poor defense, (who I think is getting better) will be forced to play from behind all year because the offense isn't giving up squat to work with. 
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see things getting better with this QB.

Archived