College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

On 2/19/2020 at 5:18 AM, Andrei01 said:

No offense, but if completion rate does not equal accuracy, I still trust it to be closer to the truth than your unprofessional eye evaluation, especially when my own unprofessional eye evaluation tends to agree more with the numbers than with yours. Again, even if his accuracy rate doesn't improve in the NFL but stays at the current level, he'll be good as a ~60+% thrower.

Jackson obviously took a big step forward in his second year. It's what players are usually expected to do, improve, and he did it brilliantly. He came into the league a little raw, expected to sit behind Flacco and only saw the field mostly as a runner to start the year, on limited snaps. He took over as the starter, and in his first full year improved considerably from previous year and college, up to 66%. That's a very respectable number. It certainly places him well above the "one of the most inaccurate passers" line.

No offense taken, but 61% completion percentage in college is probably below average. I don't think that number just automatically suggests an accurate passer at all. Vince Young completed over 65% of his passes his final season in Texas. Again, completion percentage does not equal accuracy. You don't have to trust my unprofessional opinion, but I believe it has a much greater chance of being right than yours on this topic.

What is the rate of college QBs who's completion percentage actually gets better in the NFL? I would wager that the majority of them actually see their completion percentage dimish. 

Lamar Jackson being basically the only example of the exception, and he is in an offense where he is a runner first and a thrower second. Your basing your judgement on Love's chances at improving on the exception, not the rule. 

Lamar Jackson still isn't an accurate passer. He plays in an offense where his throwing lanes were open because he was a runner first and a thrower second. The Titans plugged the middle of the field and made Jackson throw outside the hashes and he was horribly inaccurate. Both of his interceptions were a result of him throwing inaccurate balls. Byard's was incredibly high and barely touched by Andrews. Vaccaro's was an out route where the ball was left wayyyy inside.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Latest DJ mock has us taking OT Josh Jones of Houston. 

I wouldn't mind that pick.  Jones is good, and I'd say he's a better player than the fourth best pass rusher.  If we land a pass rusher in free agency, I'd be thrilled to get Jones.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wouldn't mind that pick.  Jones is good, and I'd say he's a better player than the fourth best pass rusher.  If we land a pass rusher in free agency, I'd be thrilled to get Jones.

I like Jones too. Pass rusher is priority #1, but if we're able to land a good one in FA, I have no problems going OT in the 1st again. 

18 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I like Jones too. Pass rusher is priority #1, but if we're able to land a good one in FA, I have no problems going OT in the 1st again. 

I think the path is clear.

1) Re-sign Henry

2) Go get Brady/re-sign Tannehill

3) Pay a big time EDGE

4) Draft Conklin's successor

5) Draft Butler's eventual successor

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think the path is clear.

1) Re-sign Henry

2) Go get Brady/re-sign Tannehill

3) Pay a big time EDGE

4) Draft Conklin's successor

5) Draft Butler's eventual successor

I would add 6) Dip into that kickass WR class.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Can't argue that with Corey's struggles.

I also wouldn't be against double dipping into the deep CB class knowing Mahomes is the AFC gatekeeper. 

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My opinion add another TE to replace Delanie  or RB change of pace to replace Lewis. Adding another WR’s will be a waist unless we’re moving off Corey. It’s only 1 football & were a run 1st team. That don’t get our skill position players enough targets as it is.. but if you talking drafting Corey Replacement this year VS drafting immediate impact I see your point  

8 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

My opinion add another TE to replace Delanie  or RB change of pace to replace Lewis. Adding another WR’s will be a waist unless we’re moving off Corey. It’s only 1 football & were a run 1st team. That don’t get our skill position players enough targets as it is.. but if you talking drafting Corey Replacement this year VS drafting immediate impact I see your point  

That seems like an inevitability. If we’re gonna be paying big names next year, it’s likely Adoree Jackson and Jayon Brown, not Davis.

Plus, I’m a big believer in maximizing the talent you get out of a draft, and this draft class is absolutely stacked.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I don't hate Love... but Cowherd is a moron I wouldn't use him to justify anything at all. Unless he is saying the exact opposite of what you are arguing for

Not at all he made my point on how I feel about love. I don’t hate him but I’m afraid to draft him because we don’t develop QB’s. I agree with his take on this 1. Certain QB’s fail because of their franchise & coaching. As I’ve been saying, we don’t have a QB guru coach or offensive mind genius.