College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

28 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I love Jonathan Taylor, couldn’t justify taking a RB first unless letting Henry walk means we can resign Tannehill and Conklin and still sign a good edge and corner. Which seems tough.

I know it is gonna sounds weird but I think it might be cheaper to sign Tanny and Henry than it would be to sign Conklin . lol

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

But if they are smart, contract wise, they would do it in the 1st so they get the extra year. Then after 5 years go back in the pool again for another RB.  That's the only way to avoid putting money into the position. 

Sure, but then you're losing another, more expensive, position that you could be getting that extra fifth year out of.

So I think there’s a chance Epenesa is there at 29. He didn’t test well at the combine, and that could drop him. Assuming the choice is between him, Austin Jackson/Jedrick Willis/Josh Jones, and whoever yall think CB3 is, who you got?

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So I think there’s a chance Epenesa is there at 29. He didn’t test well at the combine, and that could drop him. Assuming the choice is between him, Austin Jackson/Jedrick Willis/Josh Jones, and whoever yall think CB3 is, who you got?

Doubt Willis is there but I’m taking Epenesa and without doubt.

12 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Doubt Willis is there but I’m taking Epenesa and without doubt.

I threw him in there because in my mind, the top three tackles are Thomas, Beckton, and Whirfs. After that, I have those three that I listed are pretty even.

Edited by Daniel

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Sure, but then you're losing another, more expensive, position that you could be getting that extra fifth year out of.

Don't disagree.  But again, if the offense is going to be Run-First, you need someone that can do it. 
RB would have to more important in this offense than it would be in others. So you put more worth in the position.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Don't disagree.  But again, if the offense is going to be Run-First, you need someone that can do it. 
RB would have to more important in this offense than it would be in others. So you put more worth in the position.

I don't agree with the run-first "prevent offense" phiolosophy, but that comes back to my original point. If you're going to say you do believe in that, why not just pay who you have rather than spend a premium draft pick? That's where it doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I don't agree with the run-first "prevent offense" phiolosophy, but that comes back to my original point. If you're going to say you do believe in that, why not just pay who you have rather than spend a premium draft pick? That's where it doesn't make sense to me.

True.  But it seems like paying him too much is the biggest variable. 

With Skype and such, teams and players can still meet and make deals. 

On the DP Show that said this morning the biggest challenge would be physicals. They can agree in principle with a pending physical designation, but thats not ideal. But while waiting for that to come in, other players are signing and you could be left without a top option if the physical comes back failed. 

But in today's world, it's not too hard to get deals done remotely 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

There’s talk about Andrew Thomas possibly falling in the draft. I’ve seen him mocked in the mid to late 1st.... Yes please!!!

39 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That's the kid from Georgia, right? Talk about a gift if he fell into our lap.

If he falls to us, that’s a dang miracle. I had him as OT1. Beckton’s ceiling is higher, but he’s not all there yet.