XFL Announces Team Names and Logos

BayRaider

7 hours ago, Leader said:

And I may again. Theres a difference between knowing something exists and paying it any mind. I'm choosing the latter and wont be paying any attention to the XFL. Which I hope goes the way of the USFL, Arena League football, whatever that other league was a few years ago that closed up shop after a few months (who's one "star" was a player nicknamed "Hate Me" or something?) - and lastly - the league that died just a few months ago thats greatest highlight was a QB getting mashed.

The Arena League is, basically, still around. The neat thing about this reincarnation of the XFL is that they don't seem to be determined to shoehorn WWE type shenanigans into it this go-round. It might be interesting.

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, but they changed the name to the Legends Football League because they were worried about reputation or something.

Good gawd that's bizarre...

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The Arena League is, basically, still around. The neat thing about this reincarnation of the XFL is that they don't seem to be determined to shoehorn WWE type shenanigans into it this go-round. It might be interesting.

And they have a crap ton more money than they did last time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Good gawd that's bizarre...

The fact that Vince McMahon has hired someone competent and experienced at running a similar football league in Oliver Luck means he has every intention of hoping this succeeds.  Beyond the $500 million he plans to invest in it.  Additionally, he hired two of his former competitors, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff, to run RAW and Smackdown so he could take time away if needed, which happened this past week while he was preparing for this XFL address.  For a control freak like Vince, it's a big step, and I believe he wants it to be a viable league.  I'm interested in how it plays out. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For a control freak like Vince, it's a big step, and I believe he wants it to be a viable league.  I'm interested in how it plays out. 

It could be a viable league. And I've long maintained the NFL needs more of a feeder league than just college football. (Mostly because of quarterbacks, but it's complicated.) It will be fun to see what happens. The AAF folded entirely over money. They thought they'd rapidly gain enough to keep it afloat, and that obviously didn't happen. The XFL won't have that problem, at least at first. 

On 8/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, Leader said:

And I may again. Theres a difference between knowing something exists and paying it any mind. I'm choosing the latter and wont be paying any attention to the XFL. Which I hope goes the way of the USFL, Arena League football, whatever that other league was a few years ago that closed up shop after a few months (who's one "star" was a player nicknamed "Hate Me" or something?) - and lastly - the league that died just a few months ago thats greatest highlight was a QB getting mashed.

Tommy Maddox was a pretty solid NFL qb from the XFL for a few seasons.  Not great but not a disaster either