Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

15 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Not sure I'll agree with this logic
Was 6-6 before he lost Sanders(and Thomas was gone to trade) 5 of the losses in that time frame was to playoff teams 4 of them 5 by less then a score.
The 0-4 ending where he really struggled and was bad the Broncos didn't have hardly any weapons on offense he was throwing to Tim Patrick and Desean Hamliton and of the running backs only had one game over 50 yards in that 4 game block and that was week 17 for 60 yards.

He's not a World beater at all,but He's a solid game manager that going to keep us in games,If we stay Healthy I could see him with a Alex Smith type season from last year.

Still think he on a 5 game clock,believe he'd have to be 3-2 after first 5 to keep his job and while not impossible it's highly unlikley with who we play.

He's not a bum, he's average if everything is perfect around him like in 2017. Things already aren't perfect around him, no TWill & Reed has a concussion. Like Alex last year, Kennum isn't good enough to lift an offense devoid of talent bc of injury, neither are even as good as Kirk. They won't throw for 4000 yds & near 30 tds if they're top WR, TE and pass catching back miss more than a month.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He's not a bum, he's average if everything is perfect around him like in 2017. Things already aren't perfect around him, no TWill & Reed has a concussion. Like Alex last year, Kennum isn't good enough to lift an offense devoid of talent bc of injury, neither are even as good as Kirk. They won't throw for 4000 yds & near 30 tds if they're top WR, TE and pass catching back miss more than a month.

Yet he can give you possibly 3000 yards 25 TD's and 15 Int's. With a running game that has Peterson, Guice, and Thompson. Followed by a D that could be ranked in the top 5-10 in the NFL. As long as the run game and D is consistent I could see them with a record as they did with Smith. 

11 hours ago, Woz said:

The beer and food will be better at home. The angles will likely be better. You'll have access to replays.

Just sayin'

I get it but wouldn’t it be awesome if you had Norma Ray moment- (young bros, look it up on your google machine)and draped a banner from the Suite promoting a union of unhappy fans to boycott all games?

tumblr_nel7fp7doY1syvo5io1_250.gif

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I kinda wonder if they’re just starting Case to avoid the backlash they’d receive for starting Haskins? Even if it was Jays call to start Haskins the media would still say it was Bruce and Dan making the decision. 

If Jay had the balls to just answer the simple question, Do you get to name the starting QB we'd know who to truly blame. 

11 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet he can give you possibly 3000 yards 25 TD's and 15 Int's. With a running game that has Peterson, Guice, and Thompson. Followed by a D that could be ranked in the top 5-10 in the NFL. As long as the run game and D is consistent I could see them with a record as they did with Smith. 

Sure if PRich, Reed & CT all stay healthy, which already isn't the case.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure if PRich, Reed & CT all stay healthy, which already isn't the case.

Your assuming, we haven't even made it to the regular season yet! So since your going off the past please if PRich, Thompson, or Reed get hurt again this season call a spade a spade. Their all injury prone unlike other guys! No going back and forth with people about what could've or should've been if players were healthy. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Your assuming, we haven't even made it to the regular season yet! So since your going off the past please if PRich, Thompson, or Reed get hurt again this season call a spade a spade. Their all injury prone unlike other guys! No going back and forth with people about what could've or should've been if players were healthy. 

Last time I checked a concussion is an injury.  

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Last time I checked, he still will be ready for the opener though. 

That's a get this... An ASSUMPTION! 

Trey Quinn our starring slot WR is hurt as well, McLaurin was dealing with a bruised tailbone and Trent isn't there but hey, other than that we're golden!

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's a get this... An ASSUMPTION! 

Trey Quinn our starring slot WR is hurt as well, McLaurin was dealing with a bruised tailbone and Trent isn't there but hey, other than that we're golden!

No, it was reported. Quinn, Mclaurin, and Williams are All the reasons not to start Keenum but to start Haskins huh? 

I don't understand why Haskins isn't starting Week 1.  Do I think he's ready to win us game?  No.  But he needs the game reps to learn.  There are very limited practice snaps for backup QBs during the regular season.  The most a young backup can hope to learn in practice is improving his knowledge of the playbook.  The problem with that is Jay Gruden is most likely gone after this season.  That is where the people making the Mahomes comparisons get it wrong.  Andy Reid was not a lame duck head coach in his last season.  Haskins will learn nothing on the bench.  Let him take his lumps now.  He needs game experience because he'll be learning a new offense next year.  

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Why endure that, when I can skip all of it for the low low price of watching the Redskins at Fed Ex?

Because you would be at FedEx Field?

Archived