Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I think Ekeler is definitely the guy there. The thing is, neither of those other options are intriguing. If Mixon is out this week and you need an rb2, then definitely drop him for Gio, but Gio's value is based almost entirely on Mixon being out and is not a long term solution. Jones looked good last week, but that's a pure spec add in my opinion. Things you should know: 1) Jones still received the lowest snap share out of all three running backs, 2) the 49ers run defense is expected to be bad this year, even by fans. 

That being said, Jones did look much better than Barber, though some of that can maybe be attributed to getting run later in the game, in that heat, with the defense likely more tired then they were to start. 

Jones is an intriguing guy, so I wouldn't hate the add over Jackson who's role is pretty clearly defined at this point, in my opinion. 

Mathew Berry had Jones as his #1 RB waiver pick up this week. He wasn't the first guy they used but it did seem like he was their best runner and the guy they looked to at important spots. 

Now tonight they aren't using him at all, and barber looks good. 

Idk man

Just now, N4L said:

Mathew Berry had Jones as his #1 RB waiver pick up this week. He wasn't the first guy they used but it did seem like he was their best runner and the guy they looked to at important spots. 

Now tonight they aren't using him at all, and barber looks good. 

Idk man

Matthew Berry clearly isn't as good at this as I am 😂

But no, in all seriousness, I understand why, I just wasn't buying yet

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matthew Berry clearly isn't as good at this as I am 😂

But no, in all seriousness, I understand why, I just wasn't buying yet

Yeah, I was all over Jones in waivers this week and wasn't going to play him but changed it at the last second. Damn 

Berry saying that wasn't the reason I liked him. He looked great last week. Good jump cuts and definitely had filled out his frame 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, I was all over Jones in waivers this week and wasn't going to play him but changed it at the last second. Damn 

Berry saying that wasn't the reason I liked him. He looked great last week. Good jump cuts and definitely had filled out his frame 

I'm okay with him as a spec add, but tough game Thursday on the road. I almost benched Evans because it was Thursday road game. If I had confidence in AB playing Sunday, I would have done it

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm okay with him as a spec add, but tough game Thursday on the road. I almost benched Evans because it was Thursday road game. If I had confidence in AB playing Sunday, I would have done it

I was thinking he would get 15+ touches after last week. Guess not.

Last year was my year in fantasy and I got screwed in the playoffs. This year everything has gone wrong lol

Edit: they also looked like they were going to run a lot, so I thought there would be carries to go around. I guess they just saw the niners run defense struggling 

Edited by N4L

27 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Seriously thinking about dropping OJ Howard next week after this egg. What a bust he has been so far, and I was excited to get him in the 7th. Just awful. 

Me too, Luckily I benched him this week because of the matchup but Ebron isnt much better of an option either

3 hours ago, N4L said:

When do I drop oj howard 

I started Ronald Jones and OJ Howard. Gross. Howard is worthless this year. He is just a blocker and a complete afterthought in this offense. 

My opponents team is: Zeke, Josh Jacobs, Julio, Kupp, Njoku, Marlon Mack, Josh Gordon, Winston

My team is: Lamar Jackson, David Montgomery, Odell, Diggs, Myles Sanders, Breida (starters) my bench is Tyreek, Mike Williams, Royce Freeman, Sutton, MVS, Malcom Brown. 

I really dont have anyone to cut, and I feel like no matter who I start that I am just going to get wrecked this weekend. I mean, look at that guys team lol Zeke Jacobs, Mack, Julio are probably going to outscore me by themselves lol

Soooo I cut my kicker (Robbie Gould) and picked up Hockenson, Gould has a super early bye (week 4), so I would be cutting him soon anyways. I just dont think I have a shot to win this week.

Hock has a ton of upside and if he does anything close to what he did last week Id have to spend some Faab $$$$ to get him, whereas giving up on this week guarantees I get him now.

Was this reckless, stupid, rash... or genius? lol Im never one to give up early like this but I think my chances of winning week 3 improve greatly with hock on my team

@Forge

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I started Ronald Jones and OJ Howard. Gross. Howard is worthless this year. He is just a blocker and a complete afterthought in this offense. 

My opponents team is: Zeke, Josh Jacobs, Julio, Kupp, Njoku, Marlon Mack, Josh Gordon, Winston

My team is: Lamar Jackson, David Montgomery, Odell, Diggs, Myles Sanders, Breida (starters) my bench is Tyreek, Mike Williams, Royce Freeman, Sutton, MVS, Malcom Brown. 

I really dont have anyone to cut, and I feel like no matter who I start that I am just going to get wrecked this weekend. I mean, look at that guys team lol Zeke Jacobs, Mack, Julio are probably going to outscore me by themselves lol

Soooo I cut my kicker (Robbie Gould) and picked up Hockenson, Gould has a super early bye (week 4), so I would be cutting him soon anyways. I just dont think I have a shot to win this week.

Hock has a ton of upside and if he does anything close to what he did last week Id have to spend some Faab $$$$ to get him, whereas giving up on this week guarantees I get him now.

Was this reckless, stupid, rash... or genius? lol Im never one to give up early like this but I think my chances of winning week 3 improve greatly with hock on my team

@Forge

Last week I got 1 point from Michel and 1 point from Pettis. I still won by 40. You just never know. Yeah, you're probably not going to win, and  I get what you were doing - you're done with Howard and are moving to Hock and it was more important that you get him. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Howard thing isn't all that surprising...Arians has never used tight ends, though I was curious as to whether that was scheme related or just incompetent tight end related. Guess we are starting to find out. 

I honestly didnt even think about that when I drafted him. There was a run on TEs and I was in the middle-end of it and I liked the upside, but for someone to catch passes they actually have to run routes. They should have just traded him if they werent going to use him. Probably could have gotten a 2nd if they would have traded him to a team like NE or something in the offseason. If he has less than 500 yards this year (likely) then he has zero trade value next year. idiots. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Last week I got 1 point from Michel and 1 point from Pettis. I still won by 40. You just never know. Yeah, you're probably not going to win, and  I get what you were doing - you're done with Howard and are moving to Hock and it was more important that you get him. 

I didnt see what other legitimate options I had. None of the other guys seemed droppable. Its a shame that I started Jones because honestly he would be the one to go for Hock lol 

Its also bull that ESPN doesnt let you drop players from your bench after they have played. in yahoo I would just drop someone to pick up the kickers that play on MNF if it mattered. 

Looking at a back-up QB. I currently have Jacoby Brissett due to week 10 (Tom Brady's bye) being against Miami. However, both Mitchell Trubisky (vs DET) and Kirk Cousins (@ DAL) are on the waiver wire. Am I better off just keeping Brissett due to the matchup or do I go after Cousins as a Brady injury insurance policy?

4 hours ago, N4L said:

@Forge

it was a good move. 

what options do you have to replace Royce Freeman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Looking at a back-up QB. I currently have Jacoby Brissett due to week 10 (Tom Brady's bye) being against Miami. However, both Mitchell Trubisky (vs DET) and Kirk Cousins (@ DAL) are on the waiver wire. Am I better off just keeping Brissett due to the matchup or do I go after Cousins as a Brady injury insurance policy?

I think I'm content with Brissett. Trubisky would interest me more than Cousins because of the running  & vikings scheme, but Brissett will be fine, I think.