Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

47 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Watt was finally healthy again last year, but if he goes down this year, do the Texans have the talent on defense without Watt and Clowney? If that happens will Watson have to throw up 30+ a game?

Eh, I think Berdnardrick McKinney, Zach Cunningham and Whitney Mercilius could/would be sufficient enough to keep this defense competitive.

It wouldn't be a top 5 unit, probably not even a top 10 unit. But it'll be good enough to keep the team going.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Source?

Don't play with me...

Thought I saw Ian Rappaport just announced Clowney and 1st for Tunsil.

Read the tweet now don't see it anymore 

EDIT:  Fake Rappaport account got me

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Thought I saw Ian Rappaport just announced Clowney and 1st for Tunsil.

Read the tweet now don't see it anymore 

EDIT:  Fake Rappaport account got me

It's an easy mistake to make. Not like he hasn't thrown out completely incorrect crap before that makes him seem like a fake account. AB to the Bills!

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Haha.  Are you pro trade or hope it doesn't happen?

I'm anti trade. I WAS pro trade until people started tossing out a first round pick WITH Clowney. 

Tunsil for a 1st, or Tunsil for Clowney. Not both.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm anti trade. I WAS pro trade until people started tossing out a first round pick WITH Clowney. 

Tunsil for a 1st, or Tunsil for Clowney. Not both.

Don't think either of those get it done individually which is probably why there is a stalemate.  

Report: Jadeveon Clowney would prefer to play for Eagles (John McClain)
https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/report-jadeveon-clowney-would-prefer-play-eagles

That much was made very clear by Houston Chronicle Texans reporter John McClain on Friday afternoon during an interview on 94WIP with Jon Marks and Ike Reese.

"We believe he would want to go to the Eagles," McClain said. "He would want to play for Jim Schwartz. He would want to play for a Super Bowl contender."

McLain's information comes after a reporter earlier in the week -- also from the Chronicle -- revealed that Clowney would prefer to go to the Eagles or the Seattle Seahawks as opposed to the Miami Dolphins.

"He does not want to go to Miami," McClain said, before predicting the saga will end with Clowney in Houston since Philadelphia does not have the assets to make a deal happen

One of the top reporters in the NFL, McClain has been all over the Clowney story since it first started earlier this offseason. 

"Howie (Roseman) wants it all to be favorable to the Eagles" McClain said, "but you have to give to get"