Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

Just now, Norm said:

I still feel like we're going to claim an ILB and cut Crawford. 

I hope so. Trying to be patient about it. I'm just still shell-shocked from the fact that these are the same guys who not only kept, but felt Kentrell Brice should start at safety last year. A first grader could see that he couldn't. Our defense has potential to be great this year if we just shore it up at the ILB position. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not at all.

45 Crawford's made NFL team's today and 45 Crawford's got cut. ST bodies are extremely replaceable. 

But why stress yourself out trying to replace one if you've already got one?

I'm considering the fact how thin and weak we are at ILB aswell. Crawford looking ******* TERRIBLE. I get he's a ST player, but he couldn't even tackle on defense, chase an angle or breakdown. With the showing he put on in PS, that's not the guy I want on my ST let alone having a real possible chance to be getting reps at ILB. 

Just now, Norm said:

Nobody thought he was getting cut. So shush.

People sure love taking credit for **** that basically everyone agreed upon and act like they were the only ones that saw it that way.

🤣🤣 wrong. And I’m not gonna go back to dig up the posts .

hes the same player as Allison

he doesn’t have the upside as the other WRs 

Hes not gonna play and has no ST value so he won’t plsy. 

Those were things that were said. 

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I hate our ILB group. Expect Greene to be getting in the mix there, a lot. 

I paid attention to Montravius Adams all preseason. He played square as stout in the run game. Impressive anchor. I didn’t know he had that. As long as Clark, Lowry, Adams and Lancaster are eating blockers the way they do, we can get away with Greene at ILB. I think it’s a decent fit for the moment and holds up as long as our DL holds up health-wise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm considering the fact how thin and weak we are at ILB aswell. Crawford looking ******* TERRIBLE. I get he's a ST player, but he couldn't even tackle on defense, chase an angle or breakdown. With the showing he put on in PS, that's not the guy I want on my ST let alone having a real possible chance to be getting reps at ILB. 

Here's the thing that gets missed in these discussions, and I'm as guilty of it as anybody. 

The 100 snaps that the guys get to play, is only a small percentage of the overall reps that they play in the preseason. We only see about 20% of the stuff that happens on the field, and that's only 50% of what happens in preseason. We're all just making estimated guesses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

🤣🤣 wrong. And I’m not gonna go back to dig up the posts .

hes the same player as Allison

he doesn’t have the upside as the other WRs 

Hes not gonna play and has no ST value so he won’t plsy. 

Those were things that were said. 

I never claimed those things weren't said. There was not this big group of people that went on record that he would be cut. But wear your crown or whatever. You're a football genius.

Edited by Norm

Just now, boratt said:

I paid attention to Montravius Adams all preseason. He played square as stout in the run game. Impressive anchor. I didn’t know he had that. As long as Clark, Lowry, Adams and Lancaster are eating blockers the way they do, we can get away with Greene at ILB. I think it’s a decent fit for the moment and holds up as long as our DL holds up health-wise. 

The light flickered faster than a Lambeau TD celebration toward the end of last year for Adams