The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

Just now, Scoremore said:

We have Amos and Savage.  Not a good use of resources.  

Three is better than two.  It's not like there can only be two safeties on the field on a play in today's NFL.  Savage, Amos and Adams would never leave the field and our pass coverage improves dramatically. 

King, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Adams is pretty good and I'd trade our first next year for Adams.  In a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Somehow the Patriots are going to get Jamal Adams for a 4th. 

I know the Jets and pats traded this year but they won't give NE a good player. We don't have to worry about this one

Edited by Norm

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Three is better than two.  It's not like there can only be two safeties on the field on a play in today's NFL.  Savage, Amos and Adams would never leave the field and our pass coverage improves dramatically. 

King, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Adams is pretty good and I'd trade our first next year for Adams.  In a heartbeat. 

Don't like the idea of trading away 1st rounders.  Sounds like it would take a lot more than that to get him anyway.  Bigger needs on this team than S.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Don't like the idea of trading away 1st rounders.  Sounds like it would take a lot more than that to get him anyway.  Bigger needs on this team than S.  

Yeah, I’d much rather get Wolfe.  I would trade our 3rd and Jackson for Wolfe.  We need Wolfe.  Still, our first round pick is virtually guaranteed to be lower half this year.  You aren’t getting better than Jamal Adams there, so yeah, I would do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I’d much rather get Wolfe.  I would trade our 3rd and Jackson for Wolfe.  We need Wolfe.  Still, our first round pick is virtually guaranteed to be lower half this year.  You aren’t getting better than Jamal Adams there, so yeah, I would do it.

At that price yes.  It is going to take considerably more to land Adams.  They are talking 2 1st's to get him.  Dallas is making a push but think the asking price is too high.

• Like 1

Chandon Sullivan played 35/59 snaps and Redmond 10/59. Both Amos and Adams can play in the hybrid ILB/SS role, which we use a lot since we only field 1 ILB (Goodson 3/59 snaps, Burks none). I feel like Pettine wouldn't have a problem fitting him into the system and having all three safeties playing almost all snaps. Our secondary would be nasty as hell. He's also only in his 3rd year of his rookie contract.

1 minute ago, VonKarman said:

Chandon Sullivan played 35/59 snaps and Redmond 10/59. Both Amos and Adams can play in the hybrid ILB/SS role, which we use a lot since we only field 1 ILB (Goodson 3/59 snaps, Burks none). I feel like Pettine wouldn't have a problem fitting him into the system and having all three safeties playing almost all snaps. Our secondary would be nasty as hell. He's also only in his 3rd year of his rookie contract.

Just heard Dallas is offering a 2020 1st and 2nd.

Too steep for my blood.