Bills trade C Russell Bodine to Pats for 6th rounder; Update: Released

RaidersAreOne

Just when you think Beane made a miracle trade by getting two picks for a 5th rd player in Teller, he takes it to another level by actually finding a team to take on Bodine for a 6th round pick. If I had to guess I would have thought the bills would have had to give the Pats a 6th round pick to get this man off their roster. 

The guy gave up one sack and had 6 penalties in 1500 snaps.  He may not be a starter but there are a lot of worse guys.  I think having bad qbs and not probowl types like Tuney and Mason

made him look worse than what he actually was. We will see how he reacts to good coaching, good players on the side of him and a qb that does not take 4 seconds to get rid of the ball. 

In my best Lucius Fox voice:

A player with 74 career NFL starts who has played against Belichick multiple times, who Belichik has studied in game film, is going to New England for a draft pick and you think he’s garbage?... 

... Good luck with that!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

In my best Lucius Fox voice:

A player with 74 career NFL starts who has played against Belichick multiple times, who Belichik has studied in game film, is going to New England for a draft pick and you think he’s garbage?... 

... Good luck with that!

He could have started 120 games and played against the Pats 5x a year for his entire career.

He still sucks, he's slow footed and is a total liability in both the passing and rushing game. Unless Scar has some magic device that makes a guy markedly faster on his feet (it's not a footwork problem, he lacks quickness) then he's not even good for depth. If he can turn him into even worth having on a roster spot I'd be stunned.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He could have started 120 games and played against the Pats 5x a year for his entire career.

He still sucks, he's slow footed and is a total liability in both the passing and rushing game. Unless Scar has some magic device that makes a guy markedly faster on his feet (it's not a footwork problem, he lacks quickness) then he's not even good for depth. If he can turn him into even worth having on a roster spot I'd be stunned.

It’s like you saying a stock is worthless and Warren Buffet saying to buy it. I will trust the expert.

He absolutely had his worst year by far last year but that is not a complete picture of that player.

15 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It’s like you saying a stock is worthless and Warren Buffet saying to buy it. I will trust the expert.

He absolutely had his worst year by far last year but that is not a complete picture of that player.

His numbers from the combine are easy to look up. They are not far off from the guys who went in round 2 this year in everything but 40 yard dash ( centers don’t often sprint 40 yards). We are talking a Brady/Foles like 5.2 vs 4.8s.

shuttle, cone, broad jump, vertical jump, bench... he is clearly a starting NFL center level athlete.

Did he play hurt last year? Did the injury permanently cripple his athleticism? I guess we will find out.