The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

On 2/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, devils1854 said:

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/37535/baseball-prospectus-top-101-prospects-2018-top-mlb-prospects-ronald-acuna-victor-robles-vladimir-guerrero-jr-eloy-jimenez/

Easily the best list of the year. Some things that stand out to me.

• Robles at 2....agree
  • Mejia top 5....pretty much agree
  • Rodgers, Crawford, and Adames ahead of Bichette.........strongly agree
  • Kolby Allard at 24, while not even on other lists after good season......probably closer to 40 honestly
  • Hiura at 32.....Id go even higher for him
  • Jo Adell at 38........Not as bullish on him. Small sample size in R ball doesnt take away concerns
  • Joey Wentz at 45......he is the best pitching prospect in ATL organization. Getting respect here
  • Riley Pint still ranked........interesting
  • Jake Berger at 85........was my top guy in the draft last year. Huge steal for CWS imo
  •  

Nice to see Arquimedez Gamboa get some last 10 in love. All the guys that see him play that I follow rave about him. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I think Kelenic has a shot if the Tigers think he can stick in center. 

Eh, older high school guy and cold weather bat. I haven’t dug into or seen nearly as much of the HS class as I have the college class, but the profile seems reminiscent of Blake Rutherford a bit. 

Just now, NewAge said:

Eh, older high school guy and cold weather bat. I haven’t dug into or seen nearly as much of the HS class as I have the college class, but the profile seems reminiscent of Blake Rutherford a bit. 

I think he's more toolsy than Rutherford. Definitely has a better chance of staying in center than Rutherford did (didn't he profile as a COF throughout the process?)

I'm just saying, kid is real toolsy and, if they feel he can stick in CF, he's got a shot. 

The HS SS from Florida has a shot too IMO.