Texans trade for Tunsil, Stills

jch1911

9 hours ago, amazingandre said:

lol great minds think alike! 

@Texansfan713 how are you feeling about the current team? Again, forget about value, just think about the players and their fit/role.

assuming the OL is Tunsil- Howard- Martin- Fulton- Sharping.  I think the OL could be improved.  Devlin has no excuses now. If Kubiak and company had this type of OL talent we wouldnt be struggling on the offensive line.  Our passing game assuming everyone is healthy will be very good.  Not a fan of our backs. Duke nor Hyde is an everydown back.  I think the defense will struggle without Clowney.  I expect Mercilus to have a very good year though. He will go back to the position he is most comfortable at.   I still dont see this team as a super bowl contender.

Edited by Texansfan713

29 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

ESPN said 2 last year so idk who to believe. 

Assigning sacks to a lineman isn't always easy. If there is miscommunication with two blocking one and one getting through it can be subjective on who failed (at least from the outside). Same can happen on an overload on one side. Depending on the site there may also be an discrepancy on who they count half sacks for the olineman. 

Ultimately the difference between 1 and 2 likely amounts to the same as a rounding error

Watson has been great in his two seasons and that’s without a LT, and without ever having healthy WRs 

I think he could go for MVP this year. 

I am so much higher on the team now than I was Friday 

feels like our offense is young and set for a long time. We need a RB but we can grab one in round 3 next year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

You don’t make this trade then not start him. They can dumb down his assignments for him. They’ll be helping him after every series.

It happens a lot when guys make a big time trade to not start someone in their first game. We don’t want to crush his confidence and get the fans against him if he’s not ready to play. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It happens a lot when guys make a big time trade to not start someone in their first game. We don’t want to crush his confidence and get the fans against him if he’s not ready to play. 

If I'm not mistaken, we started Demaryius Thomas the week of his trade and I know Duane Brown started for Seattle straight off the couch.  I'll take Tunsil starting with a week of practice over two camps, 8 preseason games, and a full season of watching from the bench of Davenport.  Rankin was in at LT week 2 after barely putting on pads all offseason last year, not that that is a model anyone but BOb would follow.  Of course, this is Devlin we're talking about, so the less time spent with him the better for Tunsil's long term prospects.  On the bright side, 2 years with Devlin and his market value will crater which is why his agent is trying to lock in that extension NOWWW. 

Just kidding - Tunsil is #2 overall in a 2016 redraft behind Jalen Ramsey (Clowney has more sacks than Bosa for all the love his family name gets) and all will be right with the world when the Jags flop again this year, Ramsey talks his way out the building, and Marrone gives his old buddy O'Brien a gift on his way out.  Oh yes, Dougie, if you ever want to get back to your O-line Coach skillset before getting Peter Principled up to HC like TE Coach/O'Brien we'll take ya. Mid 90's Georgia Tech - reassemble.  Maybe we can do so well Devlin gets promoted out of harms way - Tenn would be fine.    

4 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

If I'm not mistaken, we started Demaryius Thomas the week of his trade and I know Duane Brown started for Seattle straight off the couch.  I'll take Tunsil starting with a week of practice over two camps, 8 preseason games, and a full season of watching from the bench of Davenport.  Rankin was in at LT week 2 after barely putting on pads all offseason last year, not that that is a model anyone but BOb would follow.  Of course, this is Devlin we're talking about, so the less time spent with him the better for Tunsil's long term prospects.  On the bright side, 2 years with Devlin and his market value will crater which is why his agent is trying to lock in that extension NOWWW. 

Just kidding - Tunsil is #2 overall in a 2016 redraft behind Jalen Ramsey (Clowney has more sacks than Bosa for all the love his family name gets) and all will be right with the world when the Jags flop again this year, Ramsey talks his way out the building, and Marrone gives his old buddy O'Brien a gift on his way out.  Oh yes, Dougie, if you ever want to get back to your O-line Coach skillset before getting Peter Principled up to HC like TE Coach/O'Brien we'll take ya. Mid 90's Georgia Tech - reassemble.  Maybe we can do so well Devlin gets promoted out of harms way - Tenn would be fine.    

Duane brown started for us against Seattle the week before we traded him so he wasn’t off the couch. 

I’m not saying we shouldn’t, I’m simply saying it wouldn’t surprise me.