RB Lesean McCoy signs with Chiefs

Chiefer

On 9/1/2019 at 9:30 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

If he's used exclusively as a third down back he could still have some tread left, but anything more is asking too much, he's lost a couple steps.

He is no longer a #1 back by any means but I think he can give the 15-20 snaps a game. Mainly in the screen game

If you drafted Williams in the 2nd round of a fantasy draft, I don't think you like this at all.

McCoy is going to be given the chance to succeed ... maybe even eventually passes Williams, but the upside with Williams is pretty much gone.

Good signing by KC to see if he still has it.

With Mahommes, man anyone can have it.

34 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

I still think Darwin Thompson takes over the RB1 position at some point next season.

I think he’s clearly their future but so many obstacles like pass blocking / rookie wall / established vet presence seems more likely now.   

Shady there just makes it a mess all around to protect usage this year.  

On 9/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, Broncofan said:

I think he’s clearly their future but so many obstacles like pass blocking / rookie wall / established vet presence seems more likely now.   

Shady there just makes it a mess all around to protect usage this year.  

He actually showed some good pass blocking chops. Why Carkos Hyde was expendable(well that and Carlos looked bad)

On 9/3/2019 at 10:24 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

His hips and lateral movement are still great, but his straight line speed is sapped which makes him very effective for what Reid likes to do. If it's gonna work it'll be here.

That's what I saw late last season. I was shocked at how much he had declined in such a short period of time. I hadn't really watched Bills last year until the two games against the Dolphins.

McCoy can still sense a hole and make a quick initial move to get there. But then age betrays him. Instead of bursting through the hole and setting up subsequent fluid moves, now he's laboring through traffic and gets dragged down easily if a tackler is in the vicinity of his legs. 

Kind of sad, actually. There's no question Gore has more left in the tank. Maybe Reid and the Chiefs can scheme McCoy into open spaces. Otherwise I don't think this will be remembered positively. 

Generally a back of that age who relies on moves and not power needs to lose considerable weight in the offseason, if he has any chance to restore some form. Lose weight but otherwise strong and in the best condition of your life.