So I guess Trent Williams must be worth (2) first round picks minimum, right?

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Hes also buddies with Trent Williams and had him on his podcast several times.

If this were about money, it would have been handled already.

How? The Redskins don’t want to give Trent more money. And Trent won’t play unless he gets more money. Seems to me it’s at least partly about money.

31 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Just saw that Joe Staley went out with a serious injury today. 

In other words, Mike Shanahan’s son has a desperate and immediate need for a LT to protect his franchise QB. 

In other words...🤔🤔🤔

I think this might actually happen. I wouldn’t be shocked if Trent is a member of the Niners by next Sunday. We’ll get their first back in the deal. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, turtle28 said:

How? The Redskins don’t want to give Trent more money. And Trent won’t play unless he gets more money. Seems to me it’s at least partly about money.

Since when does Snyder care about spending money? They have cap space right now. If this were about money, it would have been done already. This is now a power struggle between Snyder/Allen and Williams.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Snyder will never allow it.

Bingo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Since when does Snyder care about spending money? They have cap space right now. If this were about money, it would have been done already. This is now a power struggle between Snyder/Allen and Williams.

Bingo. 

It's about Brice convincing Dan that they shouldn't give into Trent’s contract demands bc he has a contract he signed and he needs to live up to it and they don't want to see a precedent that players can get new deals with two years left on their contract.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's about Brice convincing Dan that they shouldn't give into Trent’s contract demands bc he has a contract he signed and he needs to live up to it and they don't want to see a precedent that players can get new deals with two years left on their contract.

So you agree this isn't about money. This is about control.

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I see your point, but he might, for an unobtainable king's ransom. 

Except Williams isn't bringing back a king's ransom. The one team that has no real GM already got their LT. Williams is 31, has two years left on a deal that have pretty extensive cap hits, is complaining about wanting a new deal, and now will not have played a full season in 6 seasons. 

The Redskins have no leverage. Williams is willing to sit out. At this point, he's probably willing to retire. He leveraged his health issues into an issue with the medical staff. The Redskins aren't getting a king's ransom. They'll be lucky to get a second rounder at this point. 

As I have said many times, this isn't about Trent wanting more money! This is about Trent wanting to no longer be a Washington Redskin. So let's just say Bruce or Dan did asked Trent what they could do and Trent replied "I don't want to cost anyone their job" the only other way out is a trade. Not sitting out of Training Camp, Mini Camp, OTA's, Preseason, and 2 weeks of the regular season. He losing alot of money that way. So that wouldn't even make sense if this was a guy who was concerned about money! Trent wants out of the organization, not his contract! 

Leading this Franchsie down another dark valley would be holding on to Trent expecting him to really suit up as Redskin oneday instead of getting value for him while you still can. Trent has proven his money is good and isn't depserate for this money he has missed out on. Player's are taking their careers into their own hands these days. Owners and Teams better start understanding that.

Edited by Skins212689

28 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

As I have said many times, this isn't about Trent wanting more money! This is about Trent wanting to be no longer a Washington Redskin. So let's just say Bruce or Dan did asked Trent what they could do and Trent replied "I don't want to cost anyone their job" the only other way out is a trade. Not sitting out of Training Camp, Mini Camp, OTA's, Preseason, and 2 weeks of the regular season. He losing alot of money that way. So that wouldn't even make sense if this was a guy who was concerned about money! Trent wants out of the organization, not his contract! 

Leading this Franchsie down another dark valley would be holding on to Trent expecting him to really suit up as Redskin oneday instead of getting value for him while you still can. Trent has proven his money is good and isn't depserate for this money he has missed out on. Player's are taking their careers into their own hands these days. Owners and Teams better start understanding that.

Well that I agree with.

42 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Except Williams isn't bringing back a king's ransom. The one team that has no real GM already got their LT. Williams is 31, has two years left on a deal that have pretty extensive cap hits, is complaining about wanting a new deal, and now will not have played a full season in 6 seasons. 

The Redskins have no leverage. Williams is willing to sit out. At this point, he's probably willing to retire. He leveraged his health issues into an issue with the medical staff. The Redskins aren't getting a king's ransom. They'll be lucky to get a second rounder at this point. 

So the Redskins are why Williams value is only worth a 2nd rounder or Williams himself (a top 5 LT) is only worth 2nd rounder?