Browns Cut Greg Robinson

goldfishwars

Just now, DutchFalcon said:

Imagine being BoB. You've just traded to farm for an OT and 24 hours later you see the Browns cut their starting OT. I'd be unamused.

The Texans were very specific in who they wanted. It was Tunsil or bust.

• Like 3

Fair enough. I just thought it was a nice continuation of the insanity of the last few days.

Insanity is a fair way to describe the last 72 hours. I think I had about eight heart attacks... xD

tenor.gif?itemid=9769705

Imagine this, but with Texans gear instead of Bears gear (but with the same sunglasses).

That's me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Insanity is a fair way to describe the last 72 hours. I think I had about eight heart attacks... xD

tenor.gif?itemid=9769705

Imagine this, but with Texans gear instead of Bears gear (but with the same sunglasses).

That's me. 

Haha oh man, you've got my sympathy.

Being a Falcon fan can be rough but it's mostly just during the season or the draft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Haha oh man, you've got my sympathy.

Being a Falcon fan can be rough but it's mostly just during the season or the draft.

The Clowney trade has me furious.

The Tunsil trade, I get - and I'm actually OK with overpaying for a LT that can actually make sure Deshaun Watson doesn't puncture another lung. 

So net/net, I'm gonna be OK. I think.

Let's be honest it's no surprise he went back to the Browns, he isnt actually that good but he is certainly better than not having a LT. He has played and practiced respectably for them but he has bounced around the league for good reason.

Having said that, this was a huge risk and the fact they wanted him for less money, imo, suggests very highly that they know he isnt long term answer but lets be real, the Browns were spoiled at LT with Joe Thomas, anything else is going to be a step down initially.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So net/net, I'm gonna be OK. I think.

Look. I know this is going to be hard. But please show me on the doll where they touched you. It's not your fault and you're not to blame. They did this to you and there is no need to defend them.

Just to clarify since this is 2019; I'm joking. And yeah, if you keep Watson healthy you can have a window like the Texans never had before. Once he's gone it's back into the lottery to find a QB that gives you a chance of winning.

Edited by DutchFalcon

Look. I know this is going to be hard. But please show me on the doll where they touched you. It's not your fault and you're not to blame. They did this to you and there is no need to defend them.

Less than one week ago, we saw a 29 year old Andrew Luck retire because he was abused without an OL. 

I don't want that same fate for Deshaun Watson, and I'll pay any price for that. Even two first rounders and a second.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Less than one week ago, we saw a 29 year old Andrew Luck retire because he was abused without an OL. 

I don't want that same fate for Deshaun Watson, and I'll pay any price for that. Even two first rounders and a second.

I need to think longer before posting so I don't need to edit.

For what it's worth if instead of picking Sam "The sackmaker" Baker the Falcons would have done a Julio esque trade for a HoF LT Id have taken it in a heartbeat. We ended up with Matthews who is okay, but that was after Matt Ryan got murdered for years ;_;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Let's be honest it's no surprise he went back to the Browns, he isnt actually that good but he is certainly better than not having a LT. He has played and practiced respectably for them but he has bounced around the league for good reason.

Having said that, this was a huge risk and the fact they wanted him for less money, imo, suggests very highly that they know he isnt long term answer but lets be real, the Browns were spoiled at LT with Joe Thomas, anything else is going to be a step down initially.

You’ve clearly paid no attention to the situation.

This was entirely a procedural move, order of operations to keep Drew Forbes eligible to return.  Allow me to illustrate.

Dorsey and DePo: “Hey Greg, we really need your help with something.”

GRob: “Word?  What’s up?”

D/D: We want to put Forbes on the IR and designate him to return, but we can’t do that without him being active week 1.  So we had an idea.”

GRob: “Oooookkkkaaaayy.... I’m listening....”

D/D: “We’re going to cut you today, put Forbes on IR tomorrow and then sign you back to the exact same deal after that.”

GRob: *Shakes his head in approval after recognizing the genius of our nerd DePo and lovable lunk Dorsey*  “That’s it?”

D/D: “Yep.”

GRob: “Yeah, sure, whatever you need.”

As others have said, this whole thing is much ado about nothing, just an odd circumstance more than anything.

• Like 3