Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 1/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, Scalamania said:

I've been trying to play Days Gone for the past twoish weeks. It's just boring to me and the controls are brutal.

Does it get better?

I thought it definitely got better.  I actually set it down for a full month because I just could not get into it.  I thought it was boring AF, didn't know WTF I was doing, hated the dumb errands...

Then it hit a point where it was like, ****, this is good.

I loved getting rid of the hordes.  Loved the way the zombies progressed throughout the game. 

I consider Days Gone a zombie version of Far Cry 4 as far as the completionist aspect, too.  Getting the collectibles and everything was an actual challenge for the most part considering where they were and where the zombies were.

I also liked the fact that they kept increasing the difficulty so you never felt you could go after any horde at any point in the game.  You don't feel overpowered until near the end. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I thought it definitely got better.  I actually set it down for a full month because I just could not get into it.  I thought it was boring AF, didn't know WTF I was doing, hated the dumb errands...

Then it hit a point where it was like, ****, this is good.

I loved getting rid of the hordes.  Loved the way the zombies progressed throughout the game. 

I consider Days Gone a zombie version of Far Cry 4 as far as the completionist aspect, too.  Getting the collectibles and everything was an actual challenge for the most part considering where they were and where the zombies were.

I also liked the fact that they kept increasing the difficulty so you never felt you could go after any horde at any point in the game.  You don't feel overpowered until near the end. 

This is good to know. I got the game at launch and it was a buggy disaster. I played a few hours and set it down for good.

Now that it is a free game with Ps+ on PS5 I may play it eventually. I've heard good things from all of the updates

On 1/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, Scalamania said:

I've been trying to play Days Gone for the past twoish weeks. It's just boring to me and the controls are brutal.

Does it get better?

It gets substantially better. It's a grind at first and it's buggy but I thought it was one of the better games I've played lately. Fantastic story IMO

16 hours ago, Starless said:

I know the game is almost 4 years old now, but I just played through the DLC of Horizon Zero Dawn and the final boss is a GIANT ROBOTIC BEAR THAT THROWS LAVA AT YOU HOLY ******* ****!

I loved that DLC.... I just loved that game. One of my top 10 of all time. Those monsters up there were tough! Can't wait for the sequel. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:04 AM, Starless said:

I know the game is almost 4 years old now, but I just played through the DLC of Horizon Zero Dawn and the final boss is a GIANT ROBOTIC BEAR THAT THROWS LAVA AT YOU HOLY ******* ****!

Haven't had a Playstation since PS2, so never played this. But honestly, as soon as get my hands on a PS5 it's my first purchase, I'm so excited to finally play it.

• Like 1

Star Wars open-world, story driven game?

Do not **** with me.  If this is some lame *** bull**** where open world means there’s three planets you can go to each with a tiny little area, no character decisions and essentially an action game I will be PISSED THE **** OFF.

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Star Wars open-world, story driven game?

Do not **** with me.  If this is some lame *** bull**** where open world means there’s three planets you can go to each with a tiny little area, no character decisions and essentially an action game I will be PISSED THE **** OFF.

If it is basically Valhalla with lightsabers, I'll be happy. 

Does anyone know any good casual multiplayer games for PS4/PS5?

I have a few friends that like to play games, but half of them are not real "gamers" so anything intense or requiring a ton of skill (FPS, fighting games, etc) isn't gonna work. Uncooked was great but we beat all the levels. Needs to accommodate both splitscreen and online, and 4+ people.

I downloaded and played a little bit of Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Only got through a level, but it’s extremely reminiscent of River City Ransom, one of my top 2 favorite games ever.

I had heard nothing but good things about the original version, but found out about it well after it got pulled from the online stores. So great to finally get a copy of it.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, Heimdallr said:

I have a few friends that like to play games, but half of them are not real "gamers" so anything intense or requiring a ton of skill (FPS, fighting games, etc) isn't gonna work. Uncooked was great but we beat all the levels. Needs to accommodate both splitscreen and online, and 4+ people.

Fall Guys?

On 1/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, Heimdallr said:

Move or Die, Golf With Your Friends, & Speedrunners

I've had luck with all three of these with more casual gamer friends. All are pretty easy to pick up

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:26 PM, Heimdallr said:

Ultimate Chicken Horse

• Like 1