Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Yeah seems like it'd be odd to not let you do that or else the whole portable aspect becomes a little pointless. But I'm not gonna get burned buying a game I can't play just in case lol. I'm sure someone on here that plays on trains or breaks at work can answer for me for sure 

I mean, I've played games I've bought at home and played elsewhere. I guess the question confuses me because it feels like it should be obvious, but it sounds like you have been burned by something similar before? Does PS4 do something like that?

6 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I mean, I've played games I've bought at home and played elsewhere. I guess the question confuses me because it feels like it should be obvious, but it sounds like you have been burned by something similar before? Does PS4 do something like that?

Yep if I can't verify you've purchased the license to a digital game on ps4 you won't be able to use it. 

8 hours ago, Tyty said:

When y'all say you vs the clock in stardew, does that mean you only have x amount of time to complete the game or you only have x amount of time to get in your daily activities or whatever 

Just limited amount of time to get your in-game daily activities in. 

Just now, Tyty said:

Just finished heavy rain. Pretty solid. 

I remember trying that game and thinking it was good, not my style of game, but still good.  Then I got to a part where I had to crawl through glass and for some reason I could not effing get through that part.  Never finished it. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I remember trying that game and thinking it was good, not my style of game, but still good.  Then I got to a part where I had to crawl through glass and for some reason I could not effing get through that part.  Never finished it. 

Too difficult..? Or too metal?

you just gotta go in the direction of your match flame. Not too hard. 

Anyone here ever play Warframe?  I've been playing it over the past week and it is fantastic.  From what I gather so far, it is a single-player or coop game and it's an RPG.  It's free to play and available on PS4, Xbox One as well as PC.  I highly recommend you folks check this game out.  I believe this game was around when the PS4 and Xbox One launched back in the fall of 2013, but the game has underwent mass improvements as well as becoming much more polished.

On 1/5/2018 at 3:34 AM, showtime said:

Anyone here ever play Warframe?  I've been playing it over the past week and it is fantastic.  From what I gather so far, it is a single-player or coop game and it's an RPG.  It's free to play and available on PS4, Xbox One as well as PC.  I highly recommend you folks check this game out.  I believe this game was around when the PS4 and Xbox One launched back in the fall of 2013, but the game has underwent mass improvements as well as becoming much more polished.

I played it right when it came out for a very short time. I'll reinstall. I've been hearing good stuff lately.

Last night I had some beers and played fallout 4. I finally got to where I pick a side. Then I did a little and started a new character lol. I'm like 90 hours on steam never getting close to the end. And I played like twenty hours on a pirate copy. I'm scared for it to end or something.

13 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Last night I had some beers and played fallout 4. I finally got to where I pick a side. Then I did a little and started a new character lol. I'm like 90 hours on steam never getting close to the end. And I played like twenty hours on a pirate copy. I'm scared for it to end or something.

I have put so many damn hours into Fallout 4 it's not even funny.  When I bought the GOTY edition, I told myself I would not stop playing it until I got a million bottlecaps.  The first thing I did was go and get all the settlements.  Then I went to every single settlement with water and put as many water purifiers as I could on the settlements.  Taffington Boathouse gives me like 150 purified waters every time I go there.  I use those to afford supplies and make money.  After that, I set up beacons at each settlement, then I went and built stores at each settlement.  Not just throwing a store onto the ground.  I built individual buildings for the stores, and I give each of them a theme.  Then I built apartments for all 25 settlers with a bed, chair, bedside cabinet, a painting and a light.  Some of them I stacked, some of them I built into a square surrounding the settlement... each settlement is different. 

Some of my bars are pretty damn impressive.  They usually have a play on words as their name (I put their name in neon lights inside and outside the bar).  Abernathy Farm's bar is aBARnATHY.  I've been playing it a couple hours pretty much every weekday for the past 4-ish months just going around my settlements, collecting the food, water and money that I get, then selling at Diamond City. 

I only have 200,000 bottlecaps and I'm determined to follow through with my plan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I have put so many damn hours into Fallout 4 it's not even funny.  When I bought the GOTY edition, I told myself I would not stop playing it until I got a million bottlecaps.  The first thing I did was go and get all the settlements.  Then I went to every single settlement with water and put as many water purifiers as I could on the settlements.  Taffington Boathouse gives me like 150 purified waters every time I go there.  I use those to afford supplies and make money.  After that, I set up beacons at each settlement, then I went and built stores at each settlement.  Not just throwing a store onto the ground.  I built individual buildings for the stores, and I give each of them a theme.  Then I built apartments for all 25 settlers with a bed, chair, bedside cabinet, a painting and a light.  Some of them I stacked, some of them I built into a square surrounding the settlement... each settlement is different. 

Some of my bars are pretty damn impressive.  They usually have a play on words as their name (I put their name in neon lights inside and outside the bar).  Abernathy Farm's bar is aBARnATHY.  I've been playing it a couple hours pretty much every weekday for the past 4-ish months just going around my settlements, collecting the food, water and money that I get, then selling at Diamond City. 

I only have 200,000 bottlecaps and I'm determined to follow through with my plan. 

You ever mess with any of the mods? I'm on PC so i think there's more PC ones but holy crap some of them are cool

So based on a small discussion here and a perfect rating on Steam (over 8k reviews), I decided to watch Life is Strange all the way through. I can get why people liked it but not sure why people are obsessed. I really enjoyed The Butterfly Effect and this should've been up my alley but maybe if I was a 15 year old girl, I might like it more. The story definitely got me and I wanted to see where it ended but maybe it's just the walkthrough I watched. It was kinda weak but if they had just stuck w/ the story and not looked at every damn possible thing, it might've been better. Really enjoyed the music for sure. Been listening to Syd Matters - "Obstacles" almost all day.

Anywho, I really like stuff like this and TellTale's The Walking Dead and games that are more like movies that I can watch on YouTube like movies. Any other suggestions for these? They're great for while I'm at work that I can just watch a little bit here and there.

4 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You ever mess with any of the mods? I'm on PC so i think there's more PC ones but holy crap some of them are cool

I did at first, but it turned trophies off and even though I wasn't, it would have felt like cheating. 

9 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That's Bethesda games in general.

And with that lead in....

Here is the next trailer for the Skyrim mod Lordbound.

Originally supposed to be due in December but expected early this year.

17 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

That's Bethesda games in general.

And with that lead in....

Here is the next trailer for the Skyrim mod Lordbound.

Originally supposed to be due in December but expected early this year.

Yeah true. I wasn't trying to say it was an FO4 thing only or anything. I honestly never made it back to mod Skyrim much yet. I think I added some gfx mods to new Vegas Iirc

Mods are sort of new in that they are finally coming more full force to the consoles than they were before so that's why I was asking hz.

I'll check that trailer out but casting a YT video to my TV atm haha