Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Played through Mafia 3 again.

Just dont know what to do now. I want another game like it or GTA5.

I know Payday 2, Watch Dog 2 and Yakuza 0 should be in their realm and I need to get. But any recommendations as to games like them? (already played Just Cause and Far Cry games)

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

Starting another fallout 4 playthrough.

Anyone have any ideas about unique playthrough ideas?

Become a millionaire.  That's what I'm doing now.  Set up the biggest water purifiers in all the settlements that have water and you can get like 130 purified waters every time you visit that workbench.  Also set up stores at each of your settlements and get as many settlers as possible there (the more settlers, the more money you get from stores).  I'm at 200,000 dollars right now.  I get around 600 bottles of water every time I collect from my settlements, then I take them all to one settlement where I have ten shops set up so I don't have to wait 48 hours to sell them all off at Diamond City. 

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I know Payday 2, Watch Dog 2 and Yakuza 0 should be in their realm and I need to get. But any recommendations as to games like them? (already played Just Cause and Far Cry games)

Sleeping Dogs

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Sleeping Dogs

A like isn't enough. Really sad we probably won't get a sequel. (That probably is more like definitely, but it's still a live IP, MAYBE?!??!?! Probably not.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I need another game and Fallout 4 just seems like there's so much random stuff to do lol. It's in the lead and I'll decide probably tomorrow night. Just seeing people talking about it makes me so curious. Seems like it's a lot of fun to play

Personally my favorite game, ever

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I need another game and Fallout 4 just seems like there's so much random stuff to do lol. It's in the lead and I'll decide probably tomorrow night. Just seeing people talking about it makes me so curious. Seems like it's a lot of fun to play

That's pretty much a great description. You can play a bunch of hours without touching the main quest line. 

Then there are the mods if you have PC or XBOX versions. Even more quest then.

8 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

That's pretty much a great description. You can play a bunch of hours without touching the main quest line. 

Then there are the mods if you have PC or XBOX versions. Even more quest then.

And I love open world games where you don't need to touch the main quest for a while. It's pretty much the only games I ever play as this will be something to hold me over until Day Gone comes out. Looking in the old forum, I see the Fallout 4 thread was one of the larger ones in the entire subforum so it definitely seems like it's one of the more popular games. Pretty much sold on it.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

And I love open world games where you don't need to touch the main quest for a while. It's pretty much the only games I ever play as this will be something to hold me over until Day Gone comes out. Looking in the old forum, I see the Fallout 4 thread was one of the larger ones in the entire subforum so it definitely seems like it's one of the more popular games. Pretty much sold on it.

I had more fun slowing down the gameplay (Survival mode) but the first 10-15 levels are extremely difficult. Playing at a slower pace you pick up all the world-building details. Never understood people who played on god-mode and sprinted through every 'dungeon' but to each their own. Explore, look around, read stuff, enjoy the atmosphere.

If you're playing it for the main plot / storyline, might as well not bother to be honest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I had more fun slowing down the gameplay (Survival mode) but the first 10-15 levels are extremely difficult. Playing at a slower pace you pick up all the world-building details. Never understood people who played on god-mode and sprinted through every 'dungeon' but to each their own. Explore, look around, read stuff, enjoy the atmosphere.

If you're playing it for the main plot / storyline, might as well not bother to be honest.

I'm not one who's a snob for a great story. Horizon really gave me great gameplay and a great story so I'm good as I just finished that lol. I just want a game that can give me hours upon hours of entertainment and yes, I will absolutely dabble in every quest I can for the most part. I put over 120 into the Witcher 3 and almost 90 into Horizon. I'm assuming you'd recommend it based on that knowledge?

43 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I put over 120 into the Witcher 3 and almost 90 into Horizon. I'm assuming you'd recommend it based on that knowledge?

I enjoyed the Witcher 3 more than Fallout, but the Witcher might be the GOAT rpg for this generation of consoles.

Fallout is great but it falls into all the same Bethesda pitfalls, and there are times you can really tell the engine is a bit archaic at this point. I'd still recommend it though, 8/10

Edited by cddolphin