Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 1/28/2018 at 7:37 PM, Neumatic said:

Iv been playing Battlefield 1 a lot lately and since iv started playing again there’s something that just erks me more than anything. Twice now Iv been in a bomber as a gunner and the pilot crashes. It then credits ME with a team kill, wtf? I’m not even playing hardcore how the hell can I be taken points away for my dumb pilot? 

I just got all the DLC for $13 and it's got me back hooked again. A lot of the new maps and weapons are a ton of fun and Operations is still the best game mode in any game. 

19 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I just got all the DLC for $13 and it's got me back hooked again. A lot of the new maps and weapons are a ton of fun and Operations is still the best game mode in any game. 

Yea I got the DLC for Black Friday. I stick to the base game maps for the most part. I play the dlc maps every so often though. I usually play conquest, a little bit of TDM with the occasional operations. The weapons are my favorite part of the DLC, even if it’s not a weapon I use it’s still a nice challenge to unlock them. 

Currently I’ve challenged myself to get my K/D ratio to 1:1. My K/D really suffered from doing a lot of run and gun close range sniping (Martini Henry is so fun though). Iv been doing a lot of mid-range sniping, been using the m1903 w/ 6x scope. Not sure why I prefer the 6x scope, I should probably just use the marksman variant to avoid the scope glare at that point but for some reason I don’t like the marksman scopes. I use the trench periscope a lot to keep my scope glare to a minimum. Plus pairing it with the spot flare seems to help my team the most, although I use the trip wire bombs on some maps.

59 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I've been playing it a lot again as well. Still one of the games I have enjoyed the most, especially on the Xbox one. Operations is tremendously fun although some of the maps seem poorly balanced, especially as the attacker.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

I uninstalled Battlefield 1, but I recently installed it again because a friend has it.  This game just pretty meh to me.  It's just standard Battlefield and while it's much better than Call of Duty, that really isn't saying very much.

Interesting. I absolutely love the game. Operations feels downright cinematic at times and I love the setting and most of the maps. Everyone has their own taste though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Interesting. I absolutely love the game. Operations feels downright cinematic at times and I love the setting and most of the maps. Everyone has their own taste though.

I should say that the game is not bad by any stretch, it's just that Battlefield is just the same re-hashed concept over and over again.  It's just like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, etc.  The game isn't fresh anymore, imo.  The game does preform very well and looks great on the Xbox One, though.

59 minutes ago, showtime said:

I should say that the game is not bad by any stretch, it's just that Battlefield is just the same re-hashed concept over and over again.  It's just like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, etc.  The game isn't fresh anymore, imo.  The game does preform very well and looks great on the Xbox One, though.

What's kinda funny is that the Battlefield-heads were mad they changed it too much when it came out haha.

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

What's kinda funny is that the Battlefield-heads were mad they changed it too much when it came out haha.

I think because Battlefield 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 are held in such high regard and I agree.  Battlefield 3 was a terrible game.  Battlefield 4 was really good, but the game had server issues for the first 8 months it was out and that ruined the experience.

I was just saying that the franchise as a whole is just basically re-hashed every year.  Kind of gets dull after a decade of virtually the same game over and over again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think because Battlefield 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 are held in such high regard and I agree.  Battlefield 3 was a terrible game.  Battlefield 4 was really good, but the game had server issues for the first 8 months it was out and that ruined the experience.

I was just saying that the franchise as a whole is just basically re-hashed every year.  Kind of gets dull after a decade of virtually the same game over and over again.

BC2 was amazing. Yeah I understand what you mean. I have a trillion games on PC so I don't stick with one too long ( think I did make it 200+ hours in BF1 though...but haven't played in ages) so I think I can spread it out and it doesn't affect me as much maybe. I had a lot of fun with BF1, I'll make it back one of these days I'm sure.