Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Dislike.  I got mad enough when Mass Effect 3 forced me to play online to get the best ending.  If there was ever an RPG, no matter how good, that had this kind of thing in it, I flat out would not buy it.  Ever.  It's not even like I couldn't afford it, it's just the principle of it.  If I buy the game, I expect to own the whole game.  It's why I wait for Game of the Year editions of games like Fallout 4. 

You know, I don't like the idea behind it, but that may have gotten me to play the MP and ME3 is such an underrated MP game. Of course, then we jump back to the Lootbox problem and that may have been one of the first AAA title with it...

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I went ahead and got it. Did anyone else?

It's some real good, and some not so good. Combat can be difficult but is unique. 

It seems to me like the type of game I should keep an eye on and see how it's going after a few patches. By that point it could be amazing. Almost every complaint I've heard about the game so far has been technical issues.

I tend to give most hugely ambitious games like this 6+ months before I play them so that I can get the best experience.

So I take back what I said a bit about Horizon Zero Dawn

The story was stellar and beautiful and picked up majorly in the second half. The extinction and reset of the human race just made it compelling and unique. I really loved the story aspect of it. 

Still, the controls were a bit outdated in some ways and my other complaints from earlier hold true, plus there were relatively frequent frame drops when anything happened. Might just be because I don't have a ps4 pro lol. 

All in all, the story makes up for other shortcomings and I look forward to a more polished and less glitchy sequel 

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I went ahead and got it. Did anyone else?

It's some real good, and some not so good. Combat can be difficult but is unique. 

Yup got it as well and I really enjoy it. I've experienced a few bugs but thankfully nothing major and other than that's it's been very enjoyable. 

Agree about the combat and it really makes you approach each situation differently and you can't just walk into a group of 10 people and expect to kill everyone, even as you grow stronger. 

For such a small company I'd say they've done an excellent job and just need to fix some of the bugs and the reputation/crime system needs a bit of a tweak. I'm happy with the money I spent though.

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@LeeEvans what, in regards to rep/crime, are you experiencing an issue with? I haven't really stole anything, and lockpicking is a disaster.

Lockpicking is so hard on console haha. They're making changes to it for an upcoming patch though apparently which will be awesome. 

As for the crime thing, people just know whenever you steal even if there are no witnesses and you get arrested and lose reputation because of it. It's terrible, it never pays and guards just magically can tell every random, non-special item in your inventory that was stolen no matter how far down the road it is from when it was actually taken. 

I also had a murderer attack me during one of those stops during fast travel and when I fought back I somehow became the bad guy and that area always mentions how they know I'm a bad guy. It's not a game killer but it's annoying and It would imagine it makes it near impossible to play a thief build. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@LeeEvans Interesting. I have not been stopped during fast travel yet. That's also been my fear of stealing though. It's too Big Brother-ish it seems. I haven't even gotten one lockpick since I blew through them trying to learn how to do it. 

Yeah the difficulty of lockpicking compared to their availability is insane. I haven't tried anything above easy locks yet.

That's weird that you haven't been stopped yet during fast travel although I think I heard that might have been one of the bugs. I get stopped just about once a trip if it's any distance and especially if it's through the woods. It's pretty awesome actually, there's bandit attacks, cumans fighting you, sometimes you'll show up to a  battle between two groups and you can just jump in and start fighting or let them back each other to pieces.

23 hours ago, Bend The Knee said:

I've been playing Rainbow Six Siege for about 3 months on Xbox. I have to say that it has been a long time since I've actually enjoyed a shooter as much as I have enjoyed siege. 

I heard it was terrible when it was released but now is really good? Hate that's the new norm for so many games. Same thing happened with Division.