Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

15 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I feel like I made a mistake with Fallout. No X axis invert, game controls make no sense, can't find a way to heal the dog, ability to get to the map is unnecessary, way too much going on. I've been playing for 2.5 hours and so l get there's going to be an adjustment period but I can't gather all this. Honestly, I can't tolerate it at this point as barely anything has told me how to access everything. Feel like I've googled more than played the game. Hope to make it past this but I might have to return the game which makes me sad

Stick with it. Fallout games are amazing. If you have questions you can always bug me about it.

You need stimpaks to heal the dog. 

Also idk if you his have discussed it But Kingdom Come Deliverance is amazing

Edited by NormSizedMidget
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Yeah, I can see the Y-axis

But X-axis doesn't make sense.

I might be wrong here but I think it has something to do with older 3rd person games where I think  that was sometimes default and then those  who got comfortable with that, kept it. 

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The building does take a little while to master, but it is super addicting once you do. Sturges will give you a mini-quest that introduces you to building too. 

I haven't played non-survival mode in years, but I think in normal modes you don't need to heal your companion, they will just automatically heal after a bit. In survival mode you just go up to them and it'll give you a prompt to use a stimpack. 

OK good to know something will teach me how to build. I had no clue what i was doing.

The dog did eventually heal itself but I did get a popup message to heal him w/ the stimpack. Speaking of which, to select those, you need to press down or up and I have two empty slots. Can I add stuff in there or will it be done automatically? Am I supposed to be picking up all the crap I am? I have like 3 coffee cups and a ton of other stuff which seems worthless but I'm sure it's not.

1 hour ago, MathMan said:

Yeah, I can see the Y-axis

But X-axis doesn't make sense.

Some game had controls like that and it's how I learned. Retraining my brain is going to be annoying but hell, maybe it's what I need to become "normal" since all of you are seemingly amazed I prefer this lol. It's weird I guess but literally every game I've played on PS4 has had the ability to flip it except this one.

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

OK good to know something will teach me how to build. I had no clue what i was doing.

The dog did eventually heal itself but I did get a popup message to heal him w/ the stimpack. Speaking of which, to select those, you need to press down or up and I have two empty slots. Can I add stuff in there or will it be done automatically? Am I supposed to be picking up all the crap I am? I have like 3 coffee cups and a ton of other stuff which seems worthless but I'm sure it's not.

you can break that crap down to materials that you need.

Pick up everything within reason.

Then craft it, store it, or sell it

• Like 1

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Pick up anything and everything in this game.  Literally.  Every time you go to a settlement, pick the option that says store all junk once you go transfer stuff to your workbench. 

The empty slots you're talking about are your favorites.  I like to keep stimpacks and Radaway in the bottom two slots, a knife, a silenced pistol and a non-silenced pistol to the left, long range weapons up top and shotguns/assault rifles to the right. 

Desk fans.  Pick up desk fans.  Those are the most underrated junk items in the game.  They give you I think gears, screws and one other thing that I always run out of when building settlements. 

As far as what stuff to sell, never sell the stuff in your junk section.  It's rarely worth much money, and you're going to need it to build settlements. 

Building up settlements is ten times better for money than selling anything.  I'm at 630,000 bottle caps now.  That's without using a single cheat, glitch or mod.  I want to be done with this game, but I have to keep playing until I hit 1 million bottle caps. 

I have to. 

3 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Also idk if you his have discussed it But Kingdom Come Deliverance is amazing

I really enjoyed it but I'm getting massive bug problems as I advance further and further into the game. I had no problems in the early stages but it seems like each new quest I try there is something messed up with. It's a real shame because the game is a lot of fun. 

51 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

If you go into your inventory you can assign "favorites" which put them in your quick-access menu. Weapons, grenades, stimpacks, food, water, etc. 

Pick up everything and bring it back to your settlements. Once you start modifying weapons/armor and building up settlements you will need those components. Stuff that has gears, screws, adhesive, copper and glass are generally what I prioritize. 

Once you start building things you should get tips that pop up that help explain how things work. Also, make sure you have enough Charisma to get the Local Leader perk. Crucial. 

26 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I like to keep stimpacks and Radaway in the bottom two slots, a knife, a silenced pistol and a non-silenced pistol to the left, long range weapons up top and shotguns/assault rifles to the right. 

You carry that many weapons?? I only ever have a standard silenced weapon (combat rifle or 10mm) and a long-range scoped weapon (hunting rifle or .44 revolver). Then again, I only play survival so weight is much more limited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I really enjoyed it but I'm getting massive bug problems as I advance further and further into the game. I had no problems in the early stages but it seems like each new quest I try there is something messed up with. It's a real shame because the game is a lot of fun. 

That scares me. I haven't had any real issues out there even though I read about them constantly online. I think the worst that's happened is I was in a private area with one exit and the guard comes to tell me to leave but he just stood there blocking me until he was gonna arrest me lol.

The thought of the completely game breaking ones is scary.