Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I bought Kingdom Come a couple days after it came out and everyone raves about it minus a few bugs. I haven't popped it in yet cause I bought the sims for 5 dollars but I'm pretty excited for when I have a couple days off 

I've only been playing in short bursts because I just haven't had time, hour after work give or take. I'm having a great time. My sword combat is just atrocious yet though. I end up being a ***** and bowing them in the face from 3 feet.

You'll like it though. Be ready for a watching a full length movie of cutscenes when it starts though. They're not bad though.

Definitely going to take some time to get used to the buttons for Fallout 4 and the game in general. I played it a little more last night and struggled big time w/ Deathclaw until I realized I had a minigun that I picked up somewhere and then it was easy. On every other game I've had for this system, there's been a rolling dodge. Witcher3, Horizon, Uncharted..... everything. I keep trying to press that button as my brain has been trained to do and it opens up the options. It definitely got better though and the game has gotten a little less frustrating. I still don't know how to charge my armor in the Red Rocket gas station. Still don't know how to automatically put my junk in the work space like someone suggested I can do. I found out how to upgrade weapons and armor though. I feel like I just need to spend an our moving through the navigation screen and map area (which still is weak) but I'd rather play the game..... just so much going on....

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Definitely going to take some time to get used to the buttons for Fallout 4 and the game in general. I played it a little more last night and struggled big time w/ Deathclaw until I realized I had a minigun that I picked up somewhere and then it was easy. On every other game I've had for this system, there's been a rolling dodge. Witcher3, Horizon, Uncharted..... everything. I keep trying to press that button as my brain has been trained to do and it opens up the options. It definitely got better though and the game has gotten a little less frustrating. I still don't know how to charge my armor in the Red Rocket gas station. Still don't know how to automatically put my junk in the work space like someone suggested I can do. I found out how to upgrade weapons and armor though. I feel like I just need to spend an our moving through the navigation screen and map area (which still is weak) but I'd rather play the game..... just so much going on....

You need to find fusion cores to charge your power armor. You'll find them around, or you can buy them from some vendors. I generally never use Power Armor though.

If you go to the worbench or a crafting station in a settlement, hit the "Transfer" button to open up the inventory, and then there is a button to "Transfer all junk". On PS4 it is triangle. 

The combat is very much a FPS, not an adventure RPG like Witcher or Uncharted. Try thinking of it that way and it should make more sense. 

My suggestion would be to just explore and shoot things and complete some basic missions and not focus so much on crafting right away. Start simple

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

My suggestion would be to just explore and shoot things and complete some basic missions and not focus so much on crafting right away. Start simple

Bad advice if you want to become a millionaire.  You gotta get those settlements making money for you early.  I just discovered the formula for how shops make money in settlements.  REALLY wish I had discovered this BEFORE I got to 700,000 bottle caps the hard way. 

With settlements, most shops only produce 50 caps a day, but that day has to go by without fast traveling or waiting.  It's not a guaranteed 50 caps, either.  It's only guaranteed if your settlement is happy enough, and for them to be happy enough they need to have enough food, water and defense. 

If I ever play Fallout 4 again (unlikely considering how much hours I've put into it this time compared to how soon a Fallout 5 might come), I would do only what I need to do to unlock every settlement, get the necessary perks for making money and setting up the settlements to make money for me.  If I knew when I started this mission (one million caps), I would have twice as many caps at this point. 

And for anybody who is curious, no... There is no reason whatsoever to have one million bottle caps in this game.  No reason whatsoever other than to say that you're a millionaire in a post-apocalyptic environment that doesn't even have widespread electricity or even plumbing. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Bad advice if you want to become a millionaire.  You gotta get those settlements making money for you early.  I just discovered the formula for how shops make money in settlements.  REALLY wish I had discovered this BEFORE I got to 700,000 bottle caps the hard way. 

With settlements, most shops only produce 50 caps a day, but that day has to go by without fast traveling or waiting.  It's not a guaranteed 50 caps, either.  It's only guaranteed if your settlement is happy enough, and for them to be happy enough they need to have enough food, water and defense. 

If you are trying to do that, why aren't you just farming water? Just surround the castle and spectacle island with water purifiers.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

If you are trying to do that, why aren't you just farming water? Just surround the castle and spectacle island with water purifiers.

Farming water is glitching out in my game.  I did that early, but it's not working like it should be.  I'll have 150 water bottles at Greygarden, which has no purifiers, and then none at Sanctuary, where I have that whole river lined with purifiers. 

LOL There's a "business" side to this game? Holy hell. I saw people talking about bottle caps a lot and I got 23 for doing something but still have no clue what they are. I'm assuming currency in this world? LOL Didn't know I was going to have people making me money also. Looks like I'm in for a very in-depth game if I choose to do all the crap you can which is what I typically like to do.

I'm gonna do what Heim suggested and just wander at first and learn the controls  better. I'm only at the part where I saved the black dude w/ that crazy rifle and his gang of merry men/women from the museum  so I'm not far into the game at all. The "Transfer all junk" will more than likely be helpful b/c I'm gathering a ton of items.

20 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I've only been playing in short bursts because I just haven't had time, hour after work give or take. I'm having a great time. My sword combat is just atrocious yet though. I end up being a ***** and bowing them in the face from 3 feet.

You'll like it though. Be ready for a watching a full length movie of cutscenes when it starts though. They're not bad though.

My biggest advice would be to get rid of the sword as soon as possible. Axe and mace are so much better, especially against armored opponents. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

My biggest advice would be to get rid of the sword as soon as possible. Axe and mace are so much better, especially against armored opponents. 

Ehh...once you get your skill up it really doesn't matter what weapon you use. I found the balance in this game to be really off...I have no problem with how difficult it is in the beginning because I understand that your character is a nobody who has no skills to start, but once you get those skills up which can be done very easily very early you become far too OP in my opinion, I spent about 2 hours training with captain Bernard before I did the hunting quest with Hans and ever since then not a single opponent has been a challenge, even the groups of Cumans you come across or the groups in the bandit camps get cut through like butter...two or three swings tops kills any opponent and many die in one hit. 

I do love the game despite the balance issues and bugs though, Father Godwin may very well be my favorite video game character of all time. 

10 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

LOL There's a "business" side to this game? Holy hell. I saw people talking about bottle caps a lot and I got 23 for doing something but still have no clue what they are. I'm assuming currency in this world? LOL Didn't know I was going to have people making me money also. Looks like I'm in for a very in-depth game if I choose to do all the crap you can which is what I typically like to do.

I'm gonna do what Heim suggested and just wander at first and learn the controls  better. I'm only at the part where I saved the black dude w/ that crazy rifle and his gang of merry men/women from the museum  so I'm not far into the game at all. The "Transfer all junk" will more than likely be helpful b/c I'm gathering a ton of items.

I play the game opposite of HZ.

No settlements at all.

Just survive, do missions, scrounge, and kill stuff.

Barely have or had any caps my entire play-through. I stole and killed for my stuff.

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

I play the game opposite of HZ.

No settlements at all.

Just survive, do missions, scrounge, and kill stuff.

Barely have or had any caps my entire play-through. I stole and killed for my stuff.

I'm debating how I want to play. My cousin told me last night he platinumed this game and after briefly discussing it w/ you guys, I found that to be impossible lol. He said the hardest thing he had to do was get 100% happiness from a town or something of that nature. Hope to get more PT in tonight.