Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 3/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I became a millionaire in Fallout 4 over this weekend.  I don't want to commit to something like that ever again because it got to a point where I wasn't even having fun anymore. 

I think I have exhausted the playability of Fallout 4 for the next ten years based on how long this one took me. 

Now I'm going to find every single star in Super Mario 64.  This will probably take me even longer.  Some of those stars are damn near impossible. 

I platinumed fallout 4 a couple years ago and don't know if I'll ever wanna play it again lol. It was okay for what it was but could've been more. I'm glad I sold it cause I don't have any use for it anymore really 

• Like 1

Just noticed all the Saints Row games in the PS Store. Anyone tried them or any PS3 reboot? Would the graphics be enhanced or such?

Still waiting on GTA 4 to hit the PS4. Dont get why it doesnt happen if all the other GTAs are available, and all these other PS3 games can convert over.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just noticed all the Saints Row games in the PS Store. Anyone tried them or any PS3 reboot? Would the graphics be enhanced or such?

Still waiting on GTA 4 to hit the PS4. Dont get why it doesnt happen if all the other GTAs are available, and all these other PS3 games can convert over.

Man at this point just wait for GTA 6

1 hour ago, MathMan said:

I just realized that I wish games didn't have a difficulty setting.

They should all just be one way.

You dont have kids? One of mine has been jamming on Far Cry 4 and COD. He needs the easy settings cause he just charges into everything head first.

While I need the super duper hardest settings ever. Cause Im not born fat lazy slow American. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You dont have kids? One of mine has been jamming on Far Cry 4 and COD. He needs the easy settings cause he just charges into everything head first.

While I need the super duper hardest settings ever. Cause Im not born fat lazy slow American. :P

then they can play an easier game or get better.

you can play a harder game

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Why?

i always 2nd guess myself which one i should do.

plus, developers are lazy. usually hard mode entails just nerfing you and making the enemy bullet sponges 

developers should create a game with a particular difficulty in mind and then tailor the game to that difficulty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MathMan said:

i always 2nd guess myself which one i should do.

plus, developers are lazy. usually hard mode entails just nerfing you and making the enemy bullet sponges 

developers should create a game with a particular difficulty in mind and then tailor the game to that difficulty

To be fair, I feel like most games to balance their game around normal and like you said, just mess with a few dials for the other difficulties. 

Some games definitely suck at higher difficulties. I would say COD just becomes unfair, but then you have games like Halo where the experience is enjoyable and well liked.

I've had moments while playing on hard where I thought "This just isn't fun". But I've also had games where I was glad to play on hard because it was a good challenge without being annoying. I'd like to consider myself an above average gamer and I would be hesistant about no difficulty options because normal would have to cater to average gamers.

I'm finally figuring out how to play BotW. My brother and I are both playing it at the same time and while he has a divine beast beat, I have more regions and health and stamina going for me. I'm struggling to hang on to weapons still but I can actually use a bow and use the runes or whatever they are called. Just been roaming around in search of shrines.