Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Apparently there was an E3 leak - GOW5, Borderlands 3, New Splinter Cell title, Just Cause 4 and Rage 2 were all included in the leak. 

Weird to see GOW 5 before Halo 6. Borderlands 3 will be exciting.

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Apparently there was an E3 leak - GOW5, Borderlands 3, New Splinter Cell title, Just Cause 4 and Rage 2 were all included in the leak. 

I saw that. The leak also had Forza Horizons 5, which is surprising since Forza Horizons 4 isn't out yet, and some weird stuff like Dragon Quest 2 (which is 30 years old). 

Call me skeptical. 

Borderlands 2 is my kids favorite game. I loved it as well, but I know 3 theyre the ones that will get 1000s of hours of playtime out of it.

Just Cause 4. Probably the one Im looking most forward too. I know theyve been a bit of a repetitive game where you just blow up red stuff along with the story going. But I have fun with it.

And. Started up a new game of GTA5.  Great game like people say. But the story sucks. Really, like Im doing yoga crap and chasing a tennis coach. Bashers of 4, Im going to assume you post in those Superhero movie threads, and are clueless about what storytelling is. GTA 4 has the storytelling Im looking for in a game. Only game with better storytelling is the Mafia games.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:11 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Borderlands 2 is my kids favorite game. I loved it as well, but I know 3 theyre the ones that will get 1000s of hours of playtime out of it.

Just Cause 4. Probably the one Im looking most forward too. I know theyve been a bit of a repetitive game where you just blow up red stuff along with the story going. But I have fun with it.

And. Started up a new game of GTA5.  Great game like people say. But the story sucks. Really, like Im doing yoga crap and chasing a tennis coach. Bashers of 4, Im going to assume you post in those Superhero movie threads, and are clueless about what storytelling is. GTA 4 has the storytelling Im looking for in a game. Only game with better storytelling is the Mafia games.

You're crazy. Wait to comment on GTA5s story until you've put at least 2 hours into it. It's by far the best story they've had in a GTA game.

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I think he's just too manly for anything that has to do with yoga, even if it's satire.

Actually, from what I remember of him, he's not from America so it's possible the satirical reflection of the modern American life/family doesn't resonate with him and perhaps the immigrant life does? A Serbian war refugee taking hookers bowling is probably something he's more familiar with in his own life.

Maybe that's unnecessarily harsh, idk &idc.

Edited by skywindO2

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Actually, from what I remember of him, he's not from America so it's possible the satirical reflection of the modern American life/family doesn't resonate with him and perhaps the immigrant life does? A Serbian war refugee taking hookers bowling is probably something he's more familiar with in his own life?

Well damn, look at you shaming me with a balanced and nuanced view of what is perfectly possible. I prefer to keep it simple.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

You're crazy. Wait to comment on GTA5s story until you've put at least 2 hours into it. It's by far the best story they've had in a GTA game.

Ive beat it a couple times. Last night I had to use an underwater torch, to go through the IAA and grab the can. Derailed a train and grabbed a statue. And pulled off Palimino Bay Score.

The story it follows is not near as good as GTA4. Id say BOGT storyline is better fitting alone than either characters in GTA5s cast. And Im not seeing all that much difference in play except graphics thanks to the newer system.

Take Palimino Bay Score,  its very comparable to the Bank Heist in 4. With 4 not having many of the nonsense waste of time like Mikes son taking him to a burger joint to drug him so youre flying around the city. And nothing in 5 compared to the 3 POV missions involving the Diamond meeting at the museum.

Niko and Luis easily the 2 best playable characters between 4 and 5. Trevor is great. But a lot of wasted time and crap like the condo massacre and the torture bit.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I think he's just too manly for anything that has to do with yoga, even if it's satire.

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Actually, from what I remember of him, he's not from America so it's possible the satirical reflection of the modern American life/family doesn't resonate with him and perhaps the immigrant life does? A Serbian war refugee taking hookers bowling is probably something he's more familiar with in his own life.

Maybe that's unnecessarily harsh, idk &idc.

Aww. Look at these 2.

I get it actually. The accurate depiction of American youth on such things like entitlement the game provides. (why so many of us fled south of the border to America, because its so easy to steal your jobs) But Niko never took a hooker bowling. I know the women he takes out are American women, and its hard to decipher between the 2 since yall worship Kardasians, Hiltons, Beckensales and such. But none were technically hookers.