Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

So I need a new game. Played through Odyssey some but I had just beaten Origins so i'm a little tired of it. Spider Man vs God of War which PS4 exclusive you got? 

If you like colony building/management games, I can't recommend Rimworld highly enough (although its a PC game, not a PS4 game). 

I've put in over 1000 hours playing this game since I bought it 3-ish years ago and still love it.  It has a lot of replayability and a brilliant modding community that can add heaps to the game

And it is finally coming out of Early Access this week (on the 17th) so now is a perfect time to buy it before the price likely goes up once its officially released

On 10/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, Calvert28 said:

39.99? I would hope it blows POE out of the water to warrant that kind of price.

Nvm reading it. H/e does the politcal strategy stack up in comparison to some other games?

To be honest, I haven’t played a lot of computer games recently to give it a good comparison.

Most of the criticism I’ve seen so far is ramping difficulty level for encounters, which is fair. But it’s a quasi sandbox style crpg, so there are encounters you won’t be ready for yet. Like with any crpg, save early and save often. I haven’t seen much of a problem with the difficulty. You get hosed, reload and adjust your tactics. If you’re still getting hosed, come back in another level or two. (Or pay attention to the dude who said this would be tough and don’t try it yet.) *shrug*

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

To be honest, I haven’t played a lot of computer games recently to give it a good comparison.

Most of the criticism I’ve seen so far is ramping difficulty level for encounters, which is fair. But it’s a quasi sandbox style crpg, so there are encounters you won’t be ready for yet. Like with any crpg, save early and save often. I haven’t seen much of a problem with the difficulty. You get hosed, reload and adjust your tactics. If you’re still getting hosed, come back in another level or two. (Or pay attention to the dude who said this would be tough and don’t try it yet.) *shrug*

You should check out the Divinity games

3 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I just bought it yesterday. It's fun and you're right.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:26 PM, drd23 said:

If you like colony building/management games, I can't recommend Rimworld highly enough (although its a PC game, not a PS4 game). 

I've put in over 1000 hours playing this game since I bought it 3-ish years ago and still love it.  It has a lot of replayability and a brilliant modding community that can add heaps to the game

And it is finally coming out of Early Access this week (on the 17th) so now is a perfect time to buy it before the price likely goes up once its officially released

Love those type of games, I see it all the time on Steam. I'm gonna check it out

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

Love those type of games, I see it all the time on Steam. I'm gonna check it out

It's got a somewhat steep learning curve but its a hell of a lot of fun if you don't mind trying and failing - because there will be a lot of failing - but that just makes the successes all the more sweet.

The developer has said that the game will likely go up in price once it's officially released, so I'd buy in in the next couple of days if you're thinking about getting it.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, drd23 said:

It's got a somewhat steep learning curve but its a hell of a lot of fun if you don't mind trying and failing - because there will be a lot of failing - but that just makes the successes all the more sweet.

The developer has said that the game will likely go up in price once it's officially released, so I'd buy in in the next couple of days if you're thinking about getting it.

Took your advice and purchased it yesterday before the full release today. Gave it a couple hours and you werent lying about the learning curve, there are a ton of different options for everything. I even went with the laid back style with the building preference and still got swarmed by these damn alien things before my barracks were even constructed. lol this is gonna take some time

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Took your advice and purchased it yesterday before the full release today. Gave it a couple hours and you werent lying about the learning curve, there are a ton of different options for everything. I even went with the laid back style with the building preference and still got swarmed by these damn alien things before my barracks were even constructed. lol this is gonna take some time

I'm assuming you're talking about a manhunting pack of some sort of animal? Because I can't imagine that you'd be attacked by mechanoids (the closest thing to aliens in the game) early on, even on harder difficulties.

Which scenario and storyteller did you chose?  I'd suggest going with the Crash Landed scenario with Cassandra on a low difficulty to start with as she provides a predictable, regular challenge and shouldn't overwhelm you too early while still prompting you to build defenses

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about a manhunting pack of some sort of animal? Because I can't imagine that you'd be attacked by mechanoids (the closest thing to aliens in the game) early on, even on harder difficulties.

Which scenario and storyteller did you chose?  I'd suggest going with the Crash Landed scenario with Cassandra on a low difficulty to start with as she provides a predictable, regular challenge and shouldn't overwhelm you too early while still prompting you to build defenses

I started with Phoebe as the storyteller and went with the base builder difficulty. I don't know what attacked me, but they just randomly popped up and slaughtered everyone.. looked like triceratops maybe. Don't know if there are dinosaurs in this game or not lol

57 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Well, was thinking I'd side with The Railroad in FO4 once I got to that point but was doing some BoS missions and accidentally became enemies with them. Guess I gotta find a new group. Not really a huge fan of any of em

That's the problem with FO4. You have no connection to any of the factions. The voice acting in FO4 really limited what they could get away with. I hope that FO4 was a lesson of sorts showing people that RPGs are best when the story is text based. Hope they go back with FO5.