Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Shanahan better dial up some more aggressive calls in the 2nd half because that was a really pathetic first half for the most part. 

and yet, I find myself sad that I missed most of it via incompetence of direct tv. 

Team sucks. Paying for trash. FML

Just now, Ataal said:

Really hoping this just first game jitters, because if this is what we have to look forward to this season, we're not much better than Miami or Arizona.  

I don't think so. I think that we are not a very good team. We are a middle tier type team with a lot of flaws. There will be good games, and there will be bad ones. This is just a bad one. Maybe just being on the road, the heat, etc. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

13 of 16 with one really bad throw. Two TDs called back due to questionable penalties. And a gameplan that doesn't involve throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage. 

And perhaps more importantly for Garoppolo - only took one sack and I don't know there was much he could have done on the play to avoid it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

13 of 16 with one really bad throw. Two TDs called back due to questionable penalties. And a gameplan that doesn't involve throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage. 

Yup, play calling isn't helping Jimmy be successful. When we are 2 and 10 and keep running screens. Then we are 3rd and 7 we continue to run screens. 

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

And he's missed some really easy throws and that INT was a benchable offense.

That said, Kyle has shown he can make a ton of adjustments at half-time. Bowles is also super legit. 

But I disagree with @ForgeThis absolutely looks like first game jitters on some level. Dudes dropping balls, running the wrong route, late hits. Some of this is definitely flaws, but the tema LOOKS more talented than they did last year. BUt they just can't get out of their own way. The biggest concern is this has been a theme with Shanny..some of that is correlative with just young teams that haven't played together for years on end..but it's bad. 

edit: completely agree, he's nto being done any favors by anyone. But he's not placing the ball in good spots. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think so. I think that we are not a very good team. We are a middle tier type team with a lot of flaws. There will be good games, and there will be bad ones. This is just a bad one. Maybe just being on the road, the heat, etc. 

I know we're not bound for the Superbowl this season, but I was hoping to see some significant improvement.  And, I guess I have seen some of that in our defense, but this offense is just....I don't know what to think.  I think the talent is there to be pretty good, but it just doesn't mesh or something.  Discipline is severely lacking, for sure.