The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Penalties in my mind is mostly a coaching issue.

But the play calling was also poor, that is  coaching issue. 

On defense weren't ready for their offense. A coaching issue. 

Yeah but 18 penalties, when it’s that excessive, it’s more then coaching. 

Playing calling was bad but I’m not too shocked because it was the first time in a game having all your weapons. He should have properly utilized the 3rd preseason game as the dress rehearsal so he could have got an idea. 

I thought the defense was doing well, they just shot themselves in the foot way too many times. I think the touchdown they scored to go up 10-6. The browns literally gave them about 4 maybe 5 first downs that helped them gain that touchdown. Little bit later the safety happens as well. 

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Freddie mentioned a stat in his presser that was nuts to me.

There were 6 (!!!) times yesterday it was either 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20.  Mother of god....

Yup. Can't have a balanced attack when you're in that situation and Tennessee took advantage of our shoddy OL by rushing Baker when they knew the pass was coming.

Did we have any penalties on our opening drive? If not, maybe it's not a coincidence that the one drive where we didn't make any stupid mistakes is the same drive where our offense ran smoothly.

Ultimately, if we clean up the penalties, we'll be fine. We have the talent to be good.

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. Can't have a balanced attack when you're in that situation and Tennessee took advantage of our shoddy OL by rushing Baker when they knew the pass was coming.

Did we have any penalties on our opening drive? If not, maybe it's not a coincidence that the one drive where we didn't make any stupid mistakes is the same drive where our offense ran smoothly.

Ultimately, if we clean up the penalties, we'll be fine. We have the talent to be good.

Robinson’s first personal foul was on the first drive iirc.

Either way, you’re only gonna overcome so many of those.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That was the one one the screen to OBJ I believe, that was a horrible call.  At some point the players have to take accountability for the penalties though, you can coach and coach and coach all you want but it comes down to the players executing 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which is hilarious to me because it shouldve Never been called and he shouldn’t have been ejected.......

@nflofficiating

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Freddie mentioned a stat in his presser that was nuts to me.

There were 6 (!!!) times yesterday it was either 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20.  Mother of god....

That lead to a lot of issues with playcalling. There aren’t a lot of players designed for 1st and 20 and 2nd and 20. If you have some success on that, there aren’t many plays designed for 2nd and 13 or 3rd and 12

18 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

That was the one one the screen to OBJ I believe, that was a horrible call.  At some point the players have to take accountability for the penalties though, you can coach and coach and coach all you want but it comes down to the players executing 

When you have 18+ flags, the players gotta starting policing one another and holding each other accountable.

i know some people had issues with the amount of talking Freddie did with the refs but he has to talk to them. It might not buy him anything this game but it will buy him something down the road if they get that same crew