Week 1 Jacksonville @ Houston GDT

lumberjackchris

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I need to make a new O'Brien hot seat thread after this game. 

I'm not disagreeing anymore, but this Vrabel led defense is an issue. You have five All Pro-level players, and none of them showed up.

If our D is going to sustain this, just give the division to Tennessee.

This game reminds me of the first game in Madden 18 with the sliders and AI all messed up.  10 sacks, 5 concussions, 4 benchings, 110 yards passing, 1 punt return would have me switching back to rookie mode.  Amazing that Rick Smith and Bill O'Brien are supposed to be amongst the best 32 people in the world at their jobs and are paid accordingly.  We just lost 29-7 with probably the greatest home field advantage since the Saints after Katrina against a QB that was 11/21 for 125 yards. Firable offense!!!

Everything about today was a disgrace. From the personnel decisions to the play calling to the players executing.  I didn't love Watson being thrown in the mix today. I love him as a player and want him to start, but this team was in a bad spot and now it makes the decision to start him next week more tough because he didn't play so over whelming that it's a slam dunk decision. This team is in a bad spot. Our defense is the most frustrating thing today. Missed tackles, no pressure on Bortles and poor secondary play really were hard to watch. We are staring at 0-5 right now to start the season with our upcoming schedule.

Duane Brown doesn't help in a game where you give up 10 sacks. Susan Sua-Filo is a clown, and shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

ME - all 5' 8" and 200 lbs - could do significantly better than Susan. If I played for the Colts, Titans? I'd get at least a sack against him. He's garbage, period.

Man, can't draft Derek instead. You know, because his big bro did so bad...

Yeah, I'm livid right now.

24 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm not disagreeing anymore, but this Vrabel led defense is an issue. You have five All Pro-level players, and none of them showed up.

If our D is going to sustain this, just give the division to Tennessee.

Watt is clearly not that same after surgery

clowney has always been overrated. 

Idk who the other 3 are but the secondary is terrible, the linebackers have been ignored for years and they d-line is full of undrafted guys. 

We were never gonna be the same D without Wilfork, Simon, Bouye and Demps  

still if Watson had a whole off season to get in rythem with our offense, we could have won  

d only allows 280 yards and they scored a TD on D as well  so 280 yards and 22 points should be good enough  

I think the offense with Watson will be better when we are t playing from behind  it will open up the run game a little with the threat of him running 

7 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Everything about today was a disgrace. From the personnel decisions to the play calling to the players executing.  I didn't love Watson being thrown in the mix today. I love him as a player and want him to start, but this team was in a bad spot and now it makes the decision to start him next week more tough because he didn't play so over whelming that it's a slam dunk decision. This team is in a bad spot. Our defense is the most frustrating thing today. Missed tackles, no pressure on Bortles and poor secondary play really were hard to watch. We are staring at 0-5 right now to start the season with our upcoming schedule.

There is not a decision to be made at QB. It's obvious that BOB wanted Savage badly and that he was given permission to start Savage with a very short leash. You don't bring in a 1st round pick and future starter and then bench him. He's the guy from here on out and you roll with it. Unless he's throwing 2 picks a game and we start 0-10 then he's the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Idk who the other 3 are but the secondary is terrible, the linebackers have been ignored for years and they d-line is full of undrafted guys. 

We were never gonna be the same D without Wilfork, Simon, Bouye and Demps  

Whitney Mercilius, Bernardrick McKinney. Where where they? 

This defense was horrible. Bouye proved who he was with his 50 yards on penalties, Simon played two games last season. Wilfork was a body.

This "#1 defense" is a sham.

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Duane Brown doesn't help in a game where you give up 10 sacks. Susan Sua-Filo is a clown, and shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

ME - all 5' 8" and 200 lbs - could do significantly better than Susan. If I played for the Colts, Titans? I'd get at least a sack against him. He's garbage, period.

Man, can't draft Derek instead. You know, because his big bro did so bad...

Yeah, I'm livid right now.

Gosh, livid is right!

I wanted to help, so I took the liberty of forwarding your post on to Chuck Pagano, two-fisted coach of the Indianapolis Colts. He seemed intrigued by the idea: "What the hell, SURE, send him up here! We'll give him a try, what have I got to lose?"

Xavier Su'a-Filo however was not amused (he was furious that you left the apostrophe out of his name), and says that, in his culture, such an insult (the "Susan" thing) can only be settled by a Fight to the Death with machetes. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Whitney Mercilius, Bernardrick McKinney. Where where they? 

This defense was horrible. Bouye proved who he was with his 50 yards on penalties, Simon played two games last season. Wilfork was a body.

This "#1 defense" is a sham.

The defense might not have been the best in the NFL last year but it was definitely top 8. 

The game speaks for itself. The guys were lost hurt us 

1 minute ago, bzane said:

Gosh, livid is right!

I wanted to help, so I took the liberty of forwarding your post on to Chuck Pagano, two-fisted coach of the Indianapolis Colts. He seemed intrigued by the idea: "What the hell, SURE, send him up here! We'll give him a try, what have I got to lose?"

Xavier Su'a-Filo however was not amused (he was furious that you left the apostrophe out of his name), and says that, in his culture, such an insult (the "Susan" thing) can only be settled by a Fight to the Death with machetes. Good luck!

Susan isn't going to stop me. I'm going to crush that little boy.

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The defense might not have been the best in the NFL last year but it was definitely top 8. 

The game speaks for itself. The guys were lost hurt us 

Blake Bortles, operating without his #1 WR, an OL that had it's LT retire two days into TC, starting a projected RT at LT. Zero sacks. Rookie RB crushing the 2nd level. 

The defense wasn't THE issue. It was a significant issue.

What happens when Tennessee? Two All Pro T, a dominant interior OL? A mobile QB with receivers to throw to? We're going to get pounded on. 

I doubt Watt makes it out of that game in one piece.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Blake Bortles, operating without his #1 WR, an OL that had it's LT retire two days into TC, starting a projected RT at LT. Zero sacks. Rookie RB crushing the 2nd level. 

The defense wasn't THE issue. It was a significant issue.

What happens when Tennessee? Two All Pro T, a dominant interior OL? We're going to get pounded on. 

I doubt Watt makes it out of that game in one piece.

No one is arguing the D sucked it up. My point was that the guys we lost in the off season are part of the reason. We lost some really solid starters and we literally didn't replace them. 

Clowney needs to be at DE not OLB. 

You keep talking about Tennessee. The way our D played today, it doesn't matter if it's the Jets. We might be giving the Browns a top 10 pick in the 1st and 2nd round. 

There is always the chance that this could turn around 

- maybe this was just an emotional game that we weren't prepared to play. Perhaps going on the road on a short week will be what we need. 

- Duane Brown comes, Mancz replaces Fila, Clark starts RT. 

- Strong gets back, Fuller gets healthy, Miller gets a clue and Hopkins, who dealt with a hand injury this pre season, gets his catch anything hands back 

- Watson gets more comfortable and his WRs run the correct routes 

- Watt gets into game shape and returns to the force we once was. 

- Kevin Johnson gets himself playing up to his draft status 

- Cushing misses the rest of the season. 

I could see us getting better. 

Archived