FA 2020

drfrey13

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Ruggs, Pittman or Lamb, Hamler

Lamb and Hamler for me. 

Seems im in the minority here but I havnt been particularly impressed with what Ive seen from Ruggs or Pittman(given their respective draft projections). Pittman strikes me as an Andre Holmes type 5th receiver. Big body that can high point a deep throw on occassion (plus ST value). But an unreliable receiving threat worthy of more than a day 3 pick.

Edited by StocktonSav
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Anyone know how much cap room we got now? 

There has to be restructures that haven't been announced (Trent and Hudson). Because by my math. Not including Agholor and Mariota we have like maybe 12 million. And an 8.9 estimated Cap Hit for the draft class. 

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

There has to be restructures that haven't been announced (Trent and Hudson). Because by my math. Not including Agholor and Mariota we have like maybe 12 million. And an 8.9 estimated Cap Hit for the draft class. 

Yeah as he said there has to have been a restructure.  I’d guess Browns more likely to be the one.  Cuz we’d be in the negative with all those FAs and you can’t ever go into the negative.  Something else happened 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This makes me think Marc Badain and not Reggie McKenzie was the one that started this trend for us.  It was one of Reggies good qualities.  
But Badain, a Berkeley MBA grad and our former CFO, is more likely to be the one who would have the smarts I start thing trend.  Reggie always struck me as country slow.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

We don't need 8.9M in cap space to sign the class.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

The Rookie Pool is the total cost in cap dollars that a team needs to sign its rookies in the summer. The cap space required to do this is less than the rookie pool. This is because every draft pick signed will replace a player already counting against the cap.

The effective cap spaced needed is equal to: Rookie Pool - ($610,000 x number of picks).

Somewhere between 4 and 5M is enough. That 610K number isn't totally accurate since the players replaced by draft picks could have a higher cap hit. In the Raiders' case, it's already 675K for the 51st player (with many FA signings not accounted for in the top 51).

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Somewhere between 4 and 5M is enough. That 610K number isn't totally accurate since the players replaced by draft picks could have a higher cap hit. In the Raiders' case, it's already 675K for the 51st player (with many FA signings not accounted for in the top 51).

Round 1, Pick #12 $3,003,187

Round 1, Pick #19 $2,394,133

Round 3, Pick #80 $763,579

Round 3, Pick #81 $760,403

Round 3, Pick #91 $739,877

Round 4, Pick #121 $700,922

Round 5, Pick #159 $591,298

On 3/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, Humble_Beast said:

-Our depth at WR, LB, CB still sucks..... 

-could also add a vet T or G, and RB

i would rather restructure Joyner over Brown, Atleast Brown played well in 19. Good thing Trent cow figure drops down in 2021 to 14 or 15 m instead of 21m. 

If we add a WR at 12 our depth there is super solid. 

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

If you take the 12, 19, 80. 81, 91, 121 and 159th pick from last year. And look at their rookie cap hits it was $8.61M

8 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Round 1, Pick #12 $3,003,187

Round 1, Pick #19 $2,394,133

Round 3, Pick #80 $763,579

Round 3, Pick #81 $760,403

Round 3, Pick #91 $739,877

Round 4, Pick #121 $700,922

Round 5, Pick #159 $591,298

Yes. Did you read the quote?

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:
  1. First rounder
  2. Williams
  3. Renfrow
  4. Agholor
  5. Third rounder
  6. Zay/Doss/Ateman

Looks pretty decent if we do go after 2 WR which we all expect us to.

I agree, I would push to sign an UDFA WR or two. Going be NFL WRs undrafted, this WR drat class is deep. 

• Like 1