FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

He reportedly tore his ACL and the injury was near the end of the year (week 13ish). Those have close to a 9 month recovery time usually I think. So not totally unexpected that he would miss most/all of training camp and start the season on the PUP.

Has Moreau’s injury ever been documented?  Like do we know he definitely tore his ACL? And was it partial or full tear?

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who knows anymore how much we have.

spotrac is also factoring in rookie draft class money.

i don’t think we have a “place holder” for the draft picks on the cap prior to the draft.... meaning they don’t count until their actually signed.  

also, as discussed with the Aghlor signing for the veteran minimum.... some of our veteran players signed for the minimum will get a reduce cap figure.  Spotrac usually adjusts their team caps for this after everything calms down.   

we might only save a few 100k from these cap exceptions but 200-300k times 5-15 guys adds up to millions. 

43 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Has Moreau’s injury ever been documented?  Like do we know he definitely tore his ACL? And was it partial or full tear?

Nothing officially confirmed by the team. Part of the mystery it seems. Initial reports indicated "possible" ligament damage. Vic Tafur has referenced it as an ACL tear in some Athletic articles. He's usually in the know about things like that

4 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Nothing officially confirmed by the team. Part of the mystery it seems. Initial reports indicated "possible" ligament damage. Vic Tafur has referenced it as an ACL tear in some Athletic articles. He's usually in the know about things like that

Thanks for the info.  I’ve read that from Vic a few times too, but wasn’t totally sure.

i guess wittens signing is insurance Incase Moreau isn’t back to 100% right away.  Which isn’t a definite guarantee if it is a acl.

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thanks for the info.  I’ve read that from Vic a few times too, but wasn’t totally sure.

i guess wittens signing is insurance Incase Moreau isn’t back to 100% right away.  Which isn’t a definite guarantee if it is a acl.

Yea who knows with Gruden. Not totally impossible they carry 4 TEs. Especially if Waller is split out a majority of the time.

6.4 prior to Nassib/O’Leary and does not include  draft class cap as spotrac says unaccounted for against the cap.. could still see some movement (trades/releases ie Gabe, Peterman, Carrier, Kizer) to free up 15+ mil right there and maybe some restructures with extension (Trent, Tyrell).. top 2 picks are really the only ones going to affect the cap (about 5.4 mil combined) as the others likely wouldn’t effect the top 51 cap or change much from anyone slightly above granted they all make the 53 man.. I would still try to trade Gabe and maybe our latter 3rd for Anthony Harris so our secondary is set with a ball hawking FS and a bruiser SS in Abram, wouldn’t change the cap much.. I don’t think Carr is going anywhere as it seems his 2020 year is a trial run for a potential extension or a look-see at Mariota if he gets off to a subpar year.. We’ll be fine cap wise as we look to the draft to round out the remaining holes (WRx2, CB, S, LB if the status quo)