FA 2020

drfrey13

45 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

A lot of good names that may be in reach for us

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/linebacker/

That is an interesting list, not everyones cup of tea but Id go after the lower profile type to compliment a guy like Schobert. Id maybe look at Stephone Anthony, Franky Luvu or AJ Klein and bring back Compton. Coupled with Schobert who I really like, Lee and Morrow we should have at least an average unit. I'm of the school of thought that we shouldn't overspend on LBs and one decent FA can make a big difference, though I know most are fed up with taking the cheaper option and trotting out 6th, 7th rounders and UDFAs 😁

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah Vigil is equal to Lee, but would be 9mil+ cheaper.... that’s a hard pass 

3-4mil for him is fair

Marquel Lee sorry 😁😁😁

Though I do like Sean Lee a lot but he's an injury waiting to happen at this stage.

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That is an interesting list, not everyones cup of tea but Id go after the lower profile type to compliment a guy like Schobert. Id maybe look at Stephone Anthony, Franky Luvu or AJ Klein and bring back Compton. Coupled with Schobert who I really like, Lee and Morrow we should have at least an average unit. I'm of the school of thought that we shouldn't overspend on LBs and one decent FA can make a big difference, though I know most are fed up with taking the cheaper option and trotting out 6th, 7th rounders and UDFAs 😁

I don’t think we’ll go overboard at LB and definitely getting a guy like Schobert would tremendously improve the unit.

we don’t need 3 amazing LBs, we need 2 good ones.  Really we need 2 starters and 1 part time starter.  Let’s not sleep on Lee, he can be a decent Spot starter.

with the limited amount of snaps with 3LBs on the field it doesn’t make sense to commit cap/picks to 3 guys.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Marquel Lee sorry 😁😁😁

Though I do like Sean Lee a lot but he's an injury waiting to happen at this stage.

Lee is no starter but he’s a decent player.  I’d certainly rather start Lee as the 3rd LB on only 30% of the snaps then pay Vigil 10mil to play the limited amount of snaps he’d get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lee is no starter but he’s a decent player.  I’d certainly rather start Lee as the 3rd LB on only 30% of the snaps then pay Vigil 10mil to play the limited amount of snaps he’d get.

Exactly, Lee looked pretty decent from the small amount we saw if him too. I'm also one if the few guys who likes Morrow but in a coverage role as a matchup piece. Hopefully the growth of our front 4 will really help, Crosby is going to be a difference maker no matter who the coaches are but the addition of Hot Rod could be just what we need for Hall, Hurst and Ferrell. Hall I think can really surprise, I was very high on him and he let me down a little 😁 

4 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Well our QB doesn’t throw receivers open or take chances either when 99% of the throws are by the LOS just stack the box and rush the scared QB he will dump it off or kill a gopher

I will say I hate some of your stupid *ss posts, the 99% is just ridiculous. but I did lmao at the gopher thing. being honest on both accounts. however , this is not encouragement.lol you don't need that anyway.

yeah , same here. gives us a very solid backup, maybe some rpo type plays, and lets DC know he`s gotta play well at all times and places (winter in den & kc for starters >:()

jones/harris/bradberry

Littleton/Schobert = bigger splashes with 2 outta the 5

lbers- vigil,compton,etc.

dt`s- phillips, Collins,

qb2- MM

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nice.... Just need an Andy Dalton rumor and I'll have a Raider offseason QB bingo.

😂😂😂

ive said throughout the offseason that Mariota or Winston would be great moves. Guys who can improve under Gruden and they also will put Carr on the hot seat. They’ll also come in at a lower price than Brady/Tannehill/Bridgewater.

• Like 2

I’d love Mariota as he’d really push Carr and we’d hopefully get the best play out of one of them.  Maybe we can even sign him for 2 years, showcase him, and eventually trade him.  
but the question has to be asked is Carr and Mariota at 21m and 7-9m Better than Brady at 30m? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d love Mariota as he’d really push Carr and we’d hopefully get the best play out of one of them.  Maybe we can even sign him for 2 years, showcase him, and eventually trade him.  
but the question has to be asked is Carr and Mariota at 21m and 7-9m Better than Brady at 30m? 

This! 

I think Carr and Kizer > Carr and Mariota.

Kizer has been criminally written off. He was drafted in 2017. He should have returned to Notre Dame. Meaning 2018 would have first year. He should have sat a year in the pros. Meaning 2019 (last year) should have have and the first time he saw an NFL field. He is a good player. I loved him coming out in 2017.

I also think Brady and Fromm (not at 12 or 19) > Carr and Mariota.

Edited by OG_C2X