Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

Terrell, Fulton, Diggs and Gladney are all kind of interchangeable to me tbh. I think I like Gladney the most, followed by Terrell. All are pretty much borderline 1st-2nd round guys- i.e. reaches at 17 but won’t get to 51.

Theoretically, anyway. The unique nature of this draft will make it one of the least predictable in recent memory.

49 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I wish he’d be there in the 2nd round, but he won’t be. I think 17 is too high for him, but a trade down and then taking him may not be a bad idea if no one else is left at 17 whom we’d really want.

I agree. And I think they probably agree. But it would not at all surprise me if he’s their choice in a scenario at #17 where we are “stuck”.

If Chaisson, Henderson, and the WRs are off the board, there might not be any names that are significantly more compelling than Terrell.

On our draft board that DaBoys is running, we have 5 corners stacked real close, Gladney, Johnson, Diggs, Terrell, and Fulton. If we could land one of those guys in the 2nd (even if it takes a small trade up) after getting Chaisson in the first, I would feel really good about the draft. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. And I think they probably agree. But it would not at all surprise me if he’s their choice in a scenario at #17 where we are “stuck”.

If Chaisson, Henderson, and the WRs are off the board, there might not be any names that are significantly more compelling than Terrell.

On our draft board that DaBoys is running, we have 5 corners stacked real close, Gladney, Johnson, Diggs, Terrell, and Fulton. If we could land one of those guys in the 2nd (even if it takes a small trade up) after getting Chaisson in the first, I would feel really good about the draft. 

I don’t want any part of Fulton. He’s soft and got burned repeatedly in every game I watched him in.

• Like 1

It would not shock me at all if Ashtyn Davis became the best safety of this class. Such a good athlete, really good natural instincts despite being pretty new to football, ridiculous range, a nose for the ball, and a willingness to be physical. He still has areas to improve on, but the arrow is pointing up. 

Would be a contender in the second round for me, and a likely “run to the podium” player in the 3rd.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It would not shock me at all if Ashtyn Davis became the best safety of this class. Such a good athlete, really good natural instincts despite being pretty new to football, ridiculous range, a nose for the ball, and a willingness to be physical. He still has areas to improve on, but the arrow is pointing up. 

Would be a contender in the second round for me, and a likely “run to the podium” player in the 3rd.

He wont make it to us in the 3rd. It wouldn't shock me if he's the first safety off the board. 

• Like 1

I'm just so anxious for this thing guys

Combing through mocks throughout the interwebs, there's been a relative consensus on the first half of the first round for weeks now, and hell tends to break loose right around our pick or shortly after. In practice... hell is going to break loose way, way before then, and we're gonna be shocked by some of the names that fall

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This feels really unlikely

probably, but I would prefer him more then a LB. though they wouldn't have interviewed him if they didn't think he was a possibility at 17 considering the way he flew up the draft boards. 

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

probably, but I would prefer him more then a LB. though they wouldn't have interviewed him if they didn't think he was a possibility at 17 considering the way he flew up the draft boards. 

I would prefer almost anything to LB.

But I disagree about what we can discern about their motivations for interviewing someone. They aren’t limited to the number of prospects that they can contact, and weird stuff happens in the draft all the time. They could trade back. He could fall to the 2nd. They could trade up in the second. There are certainly a lot of reasons to interview him, even if you know you would never take him at #17 under any circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I would prefer almost anything to LB.

But I disagree about what we can discern about their motivations for interviewing someone. They aren’t limited to the number of prospects that they can contact, and weird stuff happens in the draft all the time. They could trade back. He could fall to the 2nd. They could trade up in the second. There are certainly a lot of reasons to interview him, even if you know you would never take him at #17 under any circumstances. 

This is not true. Or they could have interviewed any number of people that could possibly fall like Becton, Thomas, Tua?

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

This is not true. Or they could have interviewed any number of people that could possibly fall like Becton, Thomas, Tua?

1) How do you know they haven’t contacted Becton, Thomas, or Tua?

and 

2) You are wrong. There are no limits to the number of prospects a team can interview over video. They are limited to three 1-hour interview sessions per week with any individual prospect, but can interview as many prospects as they want.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

1) How do you know they haven’t contacted Becton, Thomas, or Tua?

and 

2) You are wrong. There are no limits to the number of prospects a team can interview over video. They are limited to three 1-hour interview sessions per week with any individual prospect, but can interview as many prospects as they want.

In today's world in social media it's pretty much impossible that a prospect's interview is not leaked out in some way.

And I never said there was a number of interviews that can do. 

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t want any part of Fulton. He’s soft and got burned repeatedly in every game I watched him in.

Did you see the Alabama game or the Clemson game or maybe Auburn? You had to see the Florida game. Even though he did give up a TD

Edited by eagles suck

Made a trade with NE for 2 extra 3rds.

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

K'Lavon Chaisson

EDGE, LSU

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Ross Blacklock

IDL, TCU

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK