Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So worst case scenario keeps getting brought up and more and more it looks to be a reality come draft day. So assuming they can't trade down and all of the top defensive prospects aside from LBs are gone. It may be down to the LBs and the WRs we have interviewed. 

I don’t know that I agree. We need 4 OTs and 3 QBs to go in the top-17, and that seems more likely by the day. 

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t know that I agree. We need 4 OTs and 3 QBs to go in the top-17, and that seems more likely by the day. 

Hopefully that happens. Though I still wouldn't be totally upset if we had to pick Mims at 17. I think his contribution will be far larger then any LB we could get in this class. 

Lets say the first 16 picks go something like this:

Burrow
Young
Okudah
Simmons
Tua
Herbert
Brown
Wills
Henderson
Wirfs
Lamb
Ruggs
Jeudy
Becton
Kinlaw
Chaisson

You'd basically be wiped out, but with Andrew Thomas on the board and Miami picking right after us, surely someone would want to jump up for Thomas. Would y'all swap the 17th pick straight up for Jamal Adams in that case? I wouldn't make that trade until I knew what was on the board, but I think I'd rather have Adams on the cusp of a huge contract than McKinney/Murray/Fulton/whoever you'd pick at 17.

29 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Lets say the first 16 picks go something like this:

Burrow
Young
Okudah
Simmons
Tua
Herbert
Brown
Wills
Henderson
Wirfs
Lamb
Ruggs
Jeudy
Becton
Kinlaw
Chaisson

You'd basically be wiped out, but with Andrew Thomas on the board and Miami picking right after us, surely someone would want to jump up for Thomas. Would y'all swap the 17th pick straight up for Jamal Adams in that case? I wouldn't make that trade until I knew what was on the board, but I think I'd rather have Adams on the cusp of a huge contract than McKinney/Murray/Fulton/whoever you'd pick at 17.

If that's the board, 100% I take Adams for 17.

I would entertain a trade with the Dolphins to drop to 26 and grab an extra 2nd. They could then have back to back picks at 17 and 18.