Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

28 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There has been a lot of talk about WRs, but a name that hasn't been mentioned much is Brandon Aiyuk. If he were to somehow make it to #51, I think that'd be a homerun selection. A perfect fit for the offense, and an explosive playmaker from day 1.

Do you know anything about the severity of the surgery he just had?

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Doesn't sound severe at all. I believe the plan was to have him play his rookie season with the issue. But since there won't be OTAs and whatnot due to COVID-19, he decided to get it fixed now.

Good to know. Thanks.

And I agree; he's a great prospect. This WR class is so deep that legit starters will be found all the way to the 4th round.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There has been a lot of talk about WRs, but a name that hasn't been mentioned much is Brandon Aiyuk. If he were to somehow make it to #51, I think that'd be a homerun selection. A perfect fit for the offense, and an explosive playmaker from day 1.

Looks like a pre-injury Randall Cobb, who we just lost to FA and who our new HC once drafted in the second round. Would make a lot of sense.

Did a draft where the hypothetical trade of Dak came to pass. Picked up 2 extra firsts and some later round picks. This is of course assuming we got their 1st for next year as well. I don't think it's a bad haul at all considering. Had to trade up in the 3rd a bit so some of those extra picks got used on that but Davis is a quality starter.

Edit: Oh and most drafts I have been doing none of our guys have made it to us. But Herbert seems to be dropping every time. 

Justin Herbert

QB, Oregon

Denzel Mims

WR, Baylor

A.J. Epenesa

EDGE, Iowa

Ross Blacklock

IDL, TCU

Ashtyn Davis

S, Cal

Albert Okwuegbunam

TE, Missouri

Reggie Robinson II

CB, Tulsa

Tanner Muse

S, Clemson

Cole McDonald

QB, Hawaii

Edited by Calvert28

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Did a draft where the hypothetical trade of Dak came to pass. Picked up 2 extra firsts and some later round picks. This is of course assuming we got their 1st for next year as well. I don't think it's a bad haul at all considering. Had to trade up in the 3rd a bit so some of those extra picks got used on that but Davis is a quality starter.

Edit: Oh and most drafts I have been doing none of our guys have made it to us. But Herbert seems to be dropping every time. 

Justin Herbert

QB, Oregon

Denzel Mims

WR, Baylor

A.J. Epenesa

EDGE, Iowa

Ross Blacklock

IDL, TCU

Ashtyn Davis

S, Cal

Albert Okwuegbunam

TE, Missouri

Reggie Robinson II

CB, Tulsa

Tanner Muse

S, Clemson

Cole McDonald

QB, Hawaii

Don't want to trade Dak, but this wouldn't be a bad haul.. Then Dallas would have to sign a temporary proven veteran to hold the ship until Hebert is ready (like Winston) 

Edited by resilient part 2

31 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They can’t draft Murray unless they think LVE’s career is basically over.

Which is why it would be upsetting. I think its a bit of a reach (though not terrible) at 17, plus you're worried about your first round pick from 2 years ago. Just a tough pill to swallow.

9 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm hearing DE from LSU

I think he's their top target, but I'd bet there's a good chance he's gone before 17. I feel like pass rushers are always overvalued on draft day, and if he's the second one off the board, it's hard to imagine him lasting to 17.

So worst case scenario keeps getting brought up and more and more it looks to be a reality come draft day. So assuming they can't trade down and all of the top defensive prospects aside from LBs are gone. It may be down to the LBs and the WRs we have interviewed.