Things to look forward to

lavar703

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Only the years where he's given McVay and O'Connell time to work with him on it.  

Huh? Gruden has always been a good passing game coordinator dating back to his days at Cincy, it’s everything else he struggles with.

Edited by turtle28

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127968

So from the beginning of the second half until 3:10 mark in the 4th, we only had 10 plays. Meanwhile during that same span the Eagles had 43 plays. Keenum missed  Mclaurin on deep pass which  could have changed the momentum but other than that the Eagles DL and OL dominated the LOS. Our D was on the field way to long. There are not many defenses that can with stand this type of onslaught.

2 hours ago, 4209 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401127968

So from the beginning of the second half until 3:10 mark in the 4th, we only had 10 plays. Meanwhile during that same span the Eagles had 43 plays. Keenum missed  Mclaurin on deep pass which  could have changed the momentum but other than that the Eagles DL and OL dominated the LOS. Our D was on the field way to long. There are not many defenses that can with stand this type of onslaught.

Yeah, it was a combination of the defense not being able to get off the field and the offense not being able to sustain either of its two drives in the 3rd quarter.

12 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

this team has a lot of whiners and soft players on it also like moses and josh norman. Its getting old, these players aren't championship players and are not tough mentally.

I didn’t think they should have kept Norman, they could’ve saved $8.5 million by cutting him and with that they could have signed:

Bradley Roby, Jason McCourty, Justin Coleman, Steve Nelson, Pierre Desir,  Bryce Callahan, Robert Alford, Ronald Darby, Morris Claiborne, Buster Skriene, BW Webb, Dequez Denard, etc.

There’s certainly an argument to be made to replace Moses in the near future but there’s not someone on the team that could do it now unless Trent returns and they switch Penn to RT.

Edited by turtle28

I guess I’m old school, but all that stuff needs to stay in house. Hopefully He and the others marched into Grudens office last week before the game instead of complaining in the media afterwards. 

I happsn to agree it was typical dunce gruden move to not start mvp, but whining in the media afterwards never helps. 

Edited by Doc Draper

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I guess I’m old school, but all that stuff needs to stay in house. Hopefully He and the others marched into Grudens office last week before the game instead of complaining in the media afterwards. 

I happsn to agree it was typical dunce gruden move to not start mvp, but whining in the media afterwards never helps. 

The reports are that they did. Everyone in the organization wanted Peterson to start at the beginning of the season but Gruden disagreed, Gruden believes in Guice’s potential and wanted to see him start, so Gruden started Guice and deactivated Peterson which no one agreed with.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The reports are that they did. Everyone in the organization wanted Peterson to start at the beginning of the season but Gruden disagreed, Gruden believes in Guice’s potential and wanted to see him start, so Gruden started Guice and deactivated Peterson which no one agreed with.

But thats the guy you want leading your team. Naw no thanks. I could see if his track record was that of a Belichick, but it's not even close. Players could've felt the same way when Bill sat Malcolm Bulter but with his resume players respected his decision. Jay Gruden is a IDIOT for that call and should be Fired. He cost the Team a win more than the Players IMO. 

I don't care what anyone says with AP playing I think they win that GAME especially being up 17-0. Peterson would've made somethings happen that Guice just couldn't do. Just check out AP's game against Philly last year.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

But thats the guy you want leading your team. Naw no thanks. I could see if his track record was that of a Belichick, but it's not even close. Players could've felt the same way when Bill sat Malcolm Bulter but with his resume players respected his decision. Jay Gruden is a IDIOT for that call and should be Fired. He cost the Team a win more than the Players IMO. 

I don't care what anyone says with AP playing I think they win that GAME especially being up 17-0. Peterson would've made somethings happen that Guice just couldn't do. Just check out AP's game against Philly last year.

Plus Guice got injured, he only had 4 touches in the second half after he injured his knee and bc Gruden stupidly deactivated Peterson, we didn't have another 1st/2nd down bigger back to try to run the clock out in the second half.

Edited by turtle28