The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 MNF v. Denver Broncos

Trojan

Good:

Cable - He had the Oline ready to go with 2 backup G's. Trent and Kolton played lights out

Rookies - A lot of them played and showed up. Was surprised how much run Crosby got

Carr - looked dialed in. Mamba mentality. Has to carry that all season.

Defense - Burfict had them ready and playing smart. Not many breakdowns

Bad:

Abram - dude can lay wood, but he's going to get a lot of penalties doing so. And injured a teammate in the process

Ugly:

The next 5 games on the schedule - Need to see this as a precursor to something and not a 1 off performance because they had extra motivation

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Good:

Cable - He had the Oline ready to go with 2 backup G's. Trent and Kolton played lights out

Rookies - A lot of them played and showed up. Was surprised how much run Crosby got

Carr - looked dialed in. Mamba mentality. Has to carry that all season.

Defense - Burfict had them ready and playing smart. Not many breakdowns

Bad:

Abram - dude can lay wood, but he's going to get a lot of penalties doing so. And injured a teammate in the process

Ugly:

The next 5 games on the schedule - Need to see this as a precursor to something and not a 1 off performance because they had extra motivation

BP!!!! I was looking for you all night lol. Raiders looked awesome. 

Abram didn't hurt a teammate because of that Hit, he doesn't deserve to be in the bad. it was an unlucky freak scenario.

The only Bad i saw, was the playcall screen on third down and the run on 3rd and 4. Other than that the Raiders played a damn good game.

17 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

BP!!!! I was looking for you all night lol. Raiders looked awesome. 

Abram didn't hurt a teammate because of that Hit, he doesn't deserve to be in the bad. it was an unlucky freak scenario.

The only Bad i saw, was the playcall screen on third down and the run on 3rd and 4. Other than that the Raiders played a damn good game.

I'm on the east coast, it was a late night and I was too lazy to get to the computer. 

I'm overreacting a little to Abram. He just has to be smarter with his hits. He's going to draw a lot of flags. 

Raiders played a clean game. Was great to see them prepared and dominating upfront. Still have reservations about the pass rush. Flacco is a statue back there and holds the ball. Next week will be a big test.

Burfict was every where last night. He played fast. He played intelligent. He was reading those run plays so well and was attacking those run fits. Was a huge reason why the Raiders were good against the run. He was looking to destroy everyone when he hit them lol. Hopefully his body holds up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Imagine Jacobs running behind that. That's one concern I have btw, he got 23 carries. That can't last.

With you there. But I don't think it will. At least 5 of those runs can be chalked up to trying to bleed the clock there at the end. 

I gotta wonder if playing the 2 backup guards was the reason Gruden took his foot off the gas and got so conservative. They played well, but no need to get cute in week 1 with a solid lead. If so, you can probably expect his carries to be more in the 15-17 range, I'd imagine.

I was a little surprised Washington and Richard were used so little though.

8 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tbh I'm wondering if Good can be a starter for us. He's been solid since he joined the team and won't be too expensive. Obviously, start the 2 you mentioned, but just a thought. 

Imagine Jacobs running behind that. That's one concern I have btw, he got 23 carries. That can't last.

Pretty sure there was one point in the game where he motioned to J. Gruden that he wanted him to "feed" him the ball.  He wanted his carries.  The guy is hungry for greatness.  Man is it nice having such a well rounded back that has the capacity to carry the rock and catch passes for first downs.  His receiving skills were so clutch last night.

Shout out to Renfrow for his big catch near the end zone as well.  Carr threw a dart, Renfrow caught it.  All around strong game on both sides of the ball.  Only thing that would've made it better is some turnovers.  Hopefully Conley is alright.  I hate that he had to go down.