The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

19 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Whens the last time a franchise caliber player left a team after his rookie deal? 

It doesnt happen 

There are a few things to consider. 1. His Girlfriend Kendall Jenner lives in the LA area, and she does make a fair amount of cash herself. 2. His agent, and his idol are both in LA. 3. Maybe Ben feels it's too crowded here for his liking now. Crazy I know, but it could deter him if he feels that way.

I think it's more likely than not at this time that he stays, but it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

There are a few things to consider. 1. His Girlfriend Kendall Jenner lives in the LA area, and she does make a fair amount of cash herself. 2. His agent, and his idol are both in LA. 3. Maybe Ben feels it's too crowded here for his liking now. Crazy I know, but it could deter him if he feels that way.

I think it's more likely than not at this time that he stays, but it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

You know he can't leave Philadelphia until 2021 right? The Sixers have 2.5 years of control, at minimum, and even that would require him declining a max extension to play a year on a qualifying offer.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Okay just for fun a hypothetical. Simmons wants to go to LA an LA has disgruntled young players. How about Ben Simmons for Lonzo ball and their choice of Ingram or kuzma. Who says no?

Philadelphia immediately.

• Like 2

Just for the record Philly has added a lot of good players since last year however the addition of Butler & Harris will be looking good on paper may run Philly into the same type of problems Boston has. How does Philly keep everyone happy and in rhythm. While Ben Simmons is the perfect point guard for that, I still say keeping Embiid and Butler and now Harris happy won't be an easy task. Forgot to mention JJ Redick as well

Edited by resilient part 2

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Just for the record Philly has added a lot of good players since last year however the addition of Butler & Harris wow looking good on paper may run Philly into the same type of problems Boston has. How does Philly keep everyone happy and in rhythm. While Ben Simmons is the perfect point guard for that, I still say keeping Embiid and Butler and now Harris happy won't be an easy task.

Harris is fairly content being a fourth option. It's more about Embiid and Butler. Harris and Embiid were ice cold while Hayward and Horford couldn't miss. Sometimes that happens.