The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Anthony Davis wants out of New Orleans. Would it be possible for him and Embiid to coexist? Would it be possible for Davis to fit into our team all together?

Having easily the best 2 big men in the league on the Sixers. :o

I'm sure they can coexist. Him and Boogie did last season. The problem is what are we going to have to give up to get him. If it's Simmons then hell no. I don't mind giving up draft picks but we really don't have much to offer unless it's one of the big 3.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:02 AM, ninjapirate said:

Need to trade for a shooter and this team could go places.

Apparently the Sixers have expressed interest in Nikola Mirotic from New Orleans. Guessing it would take Chandler and a first.

A real stretch 4 would be great, and would be the perfect compliment to the current starters in my opinion.

We still need another wing who can defend, which makes the fact we traded Bridges on draft day and Smith hasn't been able to play a bit more disappointing, but maybe Fultz and Smith can give us something in those areas.

6 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Apparently the Sixers have expressed interest in Nikola Mirotic from New Orleans. Guessing it would take Chandler and a first.

A real stretch 4 would be great, and would be the perfect compliment to the current starters in my opinion.

We still need another wing who can defend, which makes the fact we traded Bridges on draft day and Smith hasn't been able to play a bit more disappointing, but maybe Fultz and Smith can give us something in those areas.

i think there is some thought that smith can return this year we could use him.

Well Tobias Harris fits that mold of a stretch 4 we needed and might be one of the best and most versatile stretch 4s in the game, plus hes still only 26 and this team can keep him and Butler with Jojo and Ben.

Simmons/Reddick/Butler/Harris/Embiid

Is arguably the best lineup in the east and they compliment each other well. Losing Shamet hurts, but if Fultz and Zhaire play again this season he was going to lose time anyway. Plus if we can add Wes Matthews it adds another depth guy. Wilson Chandler and Mike Scott are pretty much a wash, and Boban gives us a big body off the bench. I hate losing Shamet just like I hated losing RoCo and Saric, but I make this trade 100 times out of 100, just like the Butler trade.

Also, this trade hurts Boston, with the Clippers losing their best player they'll probably fall out of the 8 seed and since their pick going to Boston is lottery protected they won't get it.

Also with the 8 seed now open Sacramento is poised to take that spot, taking that pick that was sure to be in the lottery and putting it outside the lottery. 

If they want to get AD they almost have to give up Tatum now, since they dont have the premium draft capital once thought.

Boston fan here, (in case you fools forgot) but I must admit Philly getting Tobias is a really nice fit for this season. Obviously if he walks, it will suck, but Boston Toronto, Milwaukee and now Philly have real strong arguments for who can rep the East.  Harris being able to knock down shots will definitely have an affect on the rest of the team especially Simmons. Though I do wonder if Butler will have enough "shots" to keep him happy long term. Like Kyrie, Butler may easily walk based on playoff success or failure.

Either way makes for an interesting playoffs and offseason.

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I would've given up Fultz over Shamet.  

Perhaps that would've allowed them to hold onto that Miami pick. 

The clippers want cap space and draft capital. No chance they went for a Fultz and no Miami pick deal. Fultz also counts more against the cap than Shamet. They probably didnt want him.

Tobias Harris is one of the more underrated players in the league, is a borderline all star caliber player who is skilled and versatile offensively, and is at least a decent defender. Hes absolutely one of the better guys to be a part of a core 4 in the NBA, is arguably the best stretch 4 in the NBA right now (with KP and Love out) and is a top 30 player in the league. He slots in as a perfect fit on the roster, and if guys like Patrick Beverly and Wes Matthews are bought out, they could replenish the bench depth.