The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

14 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

what seems to have been lost in the butler news is the report that a food allergy delayed zhaire smiths timeline on his foot recovery which might be the weirdest thing I ever read in my life.

And also sucks cause could have used him for depth sooner than later.

Sixers rookie are legitimately cursed when that is only the 2nd weirdest thing to happen to a Sixers rookie this year (Fultz forgetting how to play basketball is #1). 

Thoughts on trade: Butler has alot of miles on him from playing with thibs, has shown that he does not always get along great with teammates and is getting older. 

However he is a top 15 player, great on both ends of the floor and elevates this team closer to having a chance against Boston (and Toronto I guess as well). I'm guessing we will get a few players who get cut like last year, but a lineup with Simmons, JJ, Butler, Chandler and Embiid at the end of the game will certainly be fun to watch.

We also still have Fultz (as long as Butler does not kill the kid) Smith and our future picks (including Miami's pick).

22 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Was at the game tonight with my nephew.  Jimmy Buckets was filthy.  Scored the first and last bucket.  This team should be poised to make a run.  Ben Simmons still cant shoot though.

Butler with the hero work in the final minute of OT today too. 

I'd love to see us go after Kemba in the off season. We should be able to squeeze him in if we do our signings/resignings in the right order, no?

PG: Ben Simmons
SG: Kemba Walker
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Muscala? Amir Johnson? Vet Exception Signing?
C: Joel Embiid

Either way, that's a nasty lineup.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'd love to see us go after Kemba in the off season. We should be able to squeeze him in if we do our signings/resignings in the right order, no?

PG: Ben Simmons
SG: Kemba Walker
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Muscala? Amir Johnson? Vet Exception Signing?
C: Joel Embiid

Either way, that's a nasty lineup.

Really? Kemba is great. BUT having too many Ball needy players is NOT easy and probably bad for offensive flow. Trust me I know.:(

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Really? Kemba is great. BUT having too many Ball needy players is NOT easy and probably bad for offensive flow. Trust me I know.:(

True... I do think we should absolutely look to add one more piece though. In theory we could go after someone at PF, then resign Redick and Butler. But who's the best on the market for that sort of thing?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

True... I do think we should absolutely look to add one more piece though. In theory we could go after someone at PF, then resign Redick and Butler. But who's the best on the market for that sort of thing?

Not sure, Sac seems to have a bunch of talented PFs, Giles and Skal who don't play much in a overly loaded Bigman position. I would love Boston to get bigger also and are thinking about it as well. I actually really like Jonathan Isaac. Would Love Boston to trade for him. He'd be good for Philly as well.

Kemba would be a horrible fit here. How do you play Kemba, Butler and Simmons all together on one team? 

Simmons' development doesn't need to be stunted any more either. 

Simply put we need to go after shooters, ideally a wing player who doesn't need the ball in his hands and can just shoot spot up 3s and play defense. Wed to move on from Fultz, ideally in a trade where we get something for him but right now the guys trade value is legit just nothing. Nobody knows what to make of him. For now, we will definitely be adding guys via buyouts and such like we did last year in Bellinelli and Erlyasova (just not Korver)

I'm hoping we add Ariza after he inevitably is bought out by Phoenix and leaves soon. He makes too much sense. 

Also was thinking about someone like Otto Porter or Kelly Oubre maybe via trade (trying to think of any Fultz scenarios). Or even freaking Josh Jackson from Phoenix. He seems to be losing minutes in Phoenix because of the fact that he isn't the best fit for what Suns are trying to do. Swap Fultz for him? Who says no? Phoenix needs a PG, and Fultz still has hope if he goes somewhere not here (I really think that if he is on the team all year this season, Jimmy Butler ends up just breaking the little spirit left in that kid when it's over with....).

And for FAs in 2019....right now my #1 hope for us is to resign Jimmy, and then sign Tobias Harris. Harris is gonna be a FA after the seasons over. He's only 26 still. Has developed into a very good two way forward and has improved from not being able to shoot 3s at first years ago to now being a 41% shooter on 4+ attempts a game. A lineup with Simmons, Butler, Harris, and Embiid as 4/5 starters is filthy. So much defense. So much versatility. So much scoring. So much playmaking. Simmons would be able to do his best work distributing the ball and making plays all over the court with his elite basketball IQ. 

My top 3 FA targets assuming we re-sign Jimmy

1- Khris Middleton

2-Tobias Harris

3- Nikola Mirotic

Middleton at the 3 would give you a 1-2-3 of long, versatile, above average defenders, he can play with or without the ball, and is a better shooter than anyone currently on this roster except Reddick. One of the biggest issues we had against the Celtics was lack of athleticism on the wings defensively, with Butler, Middleton, Simmons, Smith, and Fultz that wouldn't be an issue.

Both Harris and Mirotic are perfect fitsas stretch 4s next to Embiid. Harris is a better defender so I'drather have him but Mirotic wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.