The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Danger said:

6-0 at home
0-4 on the road

harder to shoot on the road?

also, does it bother you or any Sixer fans that Simmons won't even try a 3? Is he already content with never shooting 3s as a PG. Does it appear that Simmons hasn't improved at all? Not trolling, but from the outside looking In, it appears like he hasn't and doesn't even give a F.

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

harder to shoot on the road?

also, does it bother you or any Sixer fans that Simmons won't even try a 3? Is he already content with never shooting 3s as a PG. Does it appear that Simmons hasn't improved at all? Not trolling, but from the outside looking In, it appears like he hasn't and doesn't even give a F.

If he can get his mid range jumpshot down, then no it won't bother me. And it does seem as if he hasn't gotten better at this point in time. Which is kind of disappointing. I think many of us were expecting him to progress. I don't think he's taken a step back, but we need him to get better if we want to have any hope of being a big time team.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Danger said:

If he can get his mid range jumpshot down, then no it won't bother me. And it does seem as if he hasn't gotten better at this point in time. Which is kind of disappointing. I think many of us were expecting him to progress. I don't think he's taken a step back, but we need him to get better if we want to have any hope of being a big time team.

Embiid w/o minutes restriction is dominating. Ben needs to improve playing with Joel. 

We need Fultz to figure something out...

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

So did Joel decide he wanted to be the best player in the league this year or something?

Even if he was "dominant" in the 4th there were still some issues there. He's gotta effing learn how to pass out of the double team better. He misses Simmons wide open out of the double team so much. I'm not saying you always have to pass to Simmons but it's usually his guy doubling down and Joel passes to a shooter who has a defender in his face, forces a bad shot, or draws the foul. I'm scared he's not always going to get bailed out with the last option though.

Happy with this trade.

Saric has been disappointing this year. Covington is a very underrated 3 and  D wing which we need, but we just got a 29 year old All Pro caliber SG/SF who can defend very well, plays really hard, and wants to win at all costs.

I think to go to a young team, this is the best one for Butler to go to. Embiid is the kind of player that you hate if you're not on his team, but love if you are. Guy is all about winning, loves to talk trash, speaks his mind....Can you imagine what he would have done if he were KAT when Butler berated him?? Lol. Them dude's would have been throwing fists.

Butler and Embiid will be our two stars who just fly around the floor, talking ish, making plays. And then Simmons is the quiet, deadly playmaker who Butler is going to LOVE playing with. Think about all the PGs he has played with in CHI and MIN. Simmons' passing ability and his effort on D will both make Butler very happy

And like @ninjapiratesaid,  we didn't even give up the Heat pick!!!

@ninjaneer