The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Can someone please explain to me why the Sixers blew the #1 overall pick on a total bum like Fultz?

Didn't seem like he was going to be a total headcase. He was pretty unanimously the #1 overall pick at the time, it's not like they took someone that they nobody thought was good.

The sixers other #1 pick is doing pretty good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Didn't seem like he was going to be a total headcase. He was pretty unanimously the #1 overall pick at the time, it's not like they took someone that they nobody thought was good.

The sixers other #1 pick is doing pretty good.

What made him such a great prospect?

I dont follow basketball all that hard, but my understanding is that in college he didnt even make the NCAA tournament, and once in the NBA forgot how to shoot? Is he the biggest bust ever?

Just feels like the Sixers had done so well rebuilding during the Process and then Fultz was just such an utter waste of the #1 pick.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What made him such a great prospect?

I dont follow basketball all that hard, but my understanding is that in college he didnt even make the NCAA tournament, and once in the NBA forgot how to shoot? Is he the biggest bust ever?

Just feels like the Sixers had done so well rebuilding during the Process and then Fultz was just such an utter waste of the #1 pick.

What would we could have done tbh is.

Trade the #3 pick for Butler back when he was originally traded to Minneosta. Still have Dario Saric and Robert Covington and the King's pick. 

The biggest bust ever? Probably not, but he's got to be up there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danger said:

So the only positive of this is that Fultz is no longer a distraction I guess. I would have rather kept him tbh. How disappointing.

Singleton is a year removed from averaging 14 a game. Hes a good player who can defend. Not a 3pt threat but another wing to defend off the bench with Ennis. 

Plus we replenish our picks from the Harris deal. Good deal for someone we weren't getting anything for. Hopefully Shake and Zhaire get healthy soon. Zhaire has been cleared for basketball activities so that's nice.

Elton Brand going for it this season. Nice having aggressive GMs throughout Philly sports right now.