The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

On 2/7/2019 at 6:47 PM, RuskieTitan said:

What made him such a great prospect?

I dont follow basketball all that hard, but my understanding is that in college he didnt even make the NCAA tournament, and once in the NBA forgot how to shoot? Is he the biggest bust ever?

Just feels like the Sixers had done so well rebuilding during the Process and then Fultz was just such an utter waste of the #1 pick.

He was a stud in college with a complete skillset. Could drive, shoot, money in the pick n roll, and had athleticism. Seemed like the perfect fit with Simmons and Embiid.

What happened after is a mystery. But at the time, it was a clear cut pick.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, Knowledge said:

If i'm Elton I go after Markeiff Morris 

A few weeks ago I would've said definitely. Now, I feel like we have too many bigs. Where would he go in the rotation of Embiid - Bobi - Bolden - Scott. Sure he'd be an upgrade over Amir, but you'd have to imagine Markieff would want to get significant playing time but he won't get that in that rotation.

11 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

A few weeks ago I would've said definitely. Now, I feel like we have too many bigs. Where would he go in the rotation of Embiid - Bobi - Bolden - Scott. Sure he'd be an upgrade over Amir, but you'd have to imagine Markieff would want to get significant playing time but he won't get that in that rotation.

I would make him the backup PF if he'd be willing 

12 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I think we still need another guard or wing. But yea, bigs are a little crowded with Harris eating most of the minutes at the 4. 

The Lakers released a statement on Ben Simmons: "To clarify, last November the 76ers sent an email to the Lakers asking if Ben Simmons would be able to speak with Magic Johnson about his Hall of Fame playing career. After receiving the email request from the 76ers, Lakers General Manager Rob Pelinka contacted 76ers General Manager Elton Brand and informed him that Magic could only do so if the 76ers gave written pre-approval. That was the end of the matter."

Really? Because last you told us BEN had sent someone to contact Rob Pelinka (or someone on the Lakers). So now it's the 76ers? This reek of lies.

I wish they would've been able to hold onto Fultz, hearing that stuff about Ben Simmons makes me think he's gone. Simmons seems like he wants that LA lifestyle. If they move on from Ball I'm sure Ben's agent will be in his ear. 

F it give me Rondo a pass first PG who doesn't need shots, plays D and can still get out on the break.